Pennzoil Truck & SUV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any experience with this oil? I was thinking of using it in my brother's 97 F150. He's never consistent in what he uses and he can't really swing M1. I can get the Pennzoil for $2 a quart at WalMart. It seems to be a blend maximized for stop and go, short trips, and bigger vehicles. Any Opinions?

Thanks,

John

It's new; I've seen it advertised but never used it. Why not do a VOA and let us know what you find?

It does sound like alot of advertising hype to me with little substance, though, similar to other oil advertised for Trucks & 4x4s.

"It does sound like alot of advertising hype to me with little substance, though, similar to other oil advertised for Trucks & 4x4s."

If Johnny were still here he might be able to tell us if there were any real formulation differences.

I'm skeptical. It sounds like it's pandering to the ignorant SUV owners out there.
dunno.gif

--- Bror Jace

If they really want to attract the attention of 90% of all SUV owners, they should put a picture of a soccer ball on front of the bottle!
smile.gif

I do not remember which topic it was under exactly, but a few weeks back, I read on here (believe info from Johnny) that the Truck & SUV was re-badged Pennzoil semi-synthetic (it sure smells sweet).

Good Day,
Steven

I'm still here. Just been very busy and don't get to visit the board as much as I use to.

Now Bro, it's not pandering, it's marketing.

This product is re-labled and re-bottled synthetic blend. It's hard to sell Pennzoil in a black bottle. I've been told this product has extra anti-wear additives in it, but I have no way to prove it. It has really been selling very well. We will have it in a 5W20 after the first of the year.

Hope all is well with everyone.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
If they really want to attract the attention of 90% of all SUV owners, they should put a picture of a soccer ball on front of the bottle!
smile.gif

I'm thinking a picture of a young soccer mom would do more good...

grin.gif

Sorry Johnny, I didn't mean to imply you met with a sudden, unpleasant demise. It's just that I hadn't seen a post from you in a handful of months.
blush.gif

"Now Bror, it's not pandering, it's marketing."

"Marketing," "Pandering," ... it's all the same thing.
wink.gif

If they put around 200PPM of moly in the Truck & SUV formulation (the amount used in the Long Life and 5W20 oils), it might be worth trying above and beyond the normal Pennzoil.
dunno.gif

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back