Pennzoil Platinum

PP held up really well on a beater 2002 Toyota Sienna that burnt though over 2 quarts of it over the course of a year and an unknown amount of miles. It was still clean under the valve covers when I saw the cams. It definitely wasn't the oil that was the problem. It ran cold a lot and probably diluted the oil in fuel, making the oil super volatile. Replaced the PCV and leaking valve cover gaskets by myself. Valves were clean, and even inside the intake and throttle body were very clean. I had to switch it to RP HMX high mileage oil after that. It hasn't burnt anything 1200 miles in. Stick with PP if you can, though.

The price you paid for the Pennzoil Platinum Pure Plus 5W30 was a STEAL!!! No ifs ands or butts about it!!!!
wink.gif

I, too, have had outstanding performance with Pennzoil, in my case Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. I had to run this in my 2016 Challenger Scat Pack which has the 392 hemi and still use it in my Challenger (the drive train is still under warranty). It is recommended in the owner's manual and I understand it's also the factory fill. It's done so well, I've changed my daily driver and my wife's car I've to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum as well. Both of these seem to run better and fuel mileage has increased a tad bit. One characteristic I've noticed is that it seems to stay cleaner longer than Mobil 1, which I used to use on these two cars. The 0w-40 is harder to find, so I order it from Amazon, but the 0w-20 and 5w-30 I use for my daily driver and my wife's car are sold at Wally World for $22.00 and some change. Great stuff and I see no need to change...if it ain't broke, why try to fix it as they say.

ChrisD46

You've been dissatisfied with oil consumption on your 17' Sonata. Now you're considering going down that same road again with your PFI.
.The most increased consumption oil posts I've read in the past year involved Havoline.
The most decreased consumption oil posts I've read in the past year involved Rotella G&T 5w30

Just a heads-up.
*Thanks Triple_Se7en - I backed off of this "urge" !

I, too, have had outstanding performance with Pennzoil, in my case Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. I had to run this in my 2016 Challenger Scat Pack which has the 392 hemi and still use it in my Challenger (the drive train is still under warranty). It is recommended in the owner's manual and I understand it's also the factory fill. It's done so well, I've changed my daily driver and my wife's car I've to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum as well. Both of these seem to run better and fuel mileage has increased a tad bit. One characteristic I've noticed is that it seems to stay cleaner longer than Mobil 1, which I used to use on these two cars. The 0w-40 is harder to find, so I order it from Amazon, but the 0w-20 and 5w-30 I use for my daily driver and my wife's car are sold at Wally World for $22.00 and some change. Great stuff and I see no need to change...if it ain't broke, why try to fix it as they say.
Walmart does not sell pennzoil ultra platinum

I changed it at 4k due to lots of idling. Put Valvoline Advance Maxlife 5w20 since I got it on sale. I have since installed the hour meter so I can track hours. On first 200 miles I am at 15 hours. Pennzoil held up as in no new noise or drop in mileage and as a plus oil was still full.

Back