Pennzoil platinum mpg boost

Put in Pennzoil platinum 300 miles ago and I'm getting 3-5 mpg better than the previous oil I used (k&n) excited to try ultra platinum next I'm very pleased with the product. 2020 Impreza 5mt 100% short city driving from 22mpg to 25-27mpg.

Are you in the U.S. and experiencing the )))HEATWAVE((( like the rest of the country is?
All of our vehicles fuel economy is up in this heat.
it was actually hotter with the k&n oil but still got worse mpg

Put in Pennzoil platinum 300 miles ago and I'm getting 3-5 mpg better than the previous oil I used (k&n) excited to try ultra platinum next I'm very pleased with the product. 2020 Impreza 5mt 100% short city driving from 22mpg to 25-27mpg.
Pennzoil Platinum is the thinnest oil out of the bottle and quickly drops below grade. If you do your calculations honestly over the long term, you are unlikely to see an improvement over 1mpg. Not worth the reduced engine life IMO.

1000020739.jpg

Something else is going on here. I am not convinced any oil will produce results like that.

nope nothing has changed in my driving ill see if it stays consistent but I'm very happy
Many things have changed. Not least of which could be the fuel, a study I linked once showed that even at the same gas station and irrespective of summer/winter blends the energy density of gasoline varied about 4%. Without using standardized test fuel no real-world determinations are possible. Measuring a fuel consumption difference between oils requires a laboratory and using a test such as ASTM D8114 which isolates variables so that the small change isn't deep down in the noise.

Here is a partial list of some of the other things that change:

100% doubt it. I started using syn oil in my Yamaha in 1970 , Steen C chemical lubricant and by 1973 I was running syn oil in my vehicles engine and drive line and I never noticed a notable MPG increase.

Last edited:
Pennzoil Platinum is the thinnest oil out of the bottle and quickly drops below grade. If you do your calculations honestly over the long term, you are unlikely to see an improvement over 1mpg. Not worth the reduced engine life IMO.
Huh?????
Your last sentence in Bold above needs a more thorough response. How did you arrive on your Pennzoil Platinum Slam?

Back