Pennzoil Platinum Euro L vs QuakerState Euro?

I did not say "Euro L" which is LL-04 ancient oil, I said Ultra 5W40 and Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40 (non L)

The approvals are the same and the tech specs as well. Both GTL stock

I aware they might have slightly different formulation, but I am sure this Pennzoil one is the closest you can get to Helix Ultra in US.
Euro L is approved for latest LL04 update (2022). So not sure what makes it “ancient?”

That I don’t know. But what if they didn’t update formulation? It is approved for latest updates.
Did not mean insult the oil :) or downgrade its quality

Based on the simple search. API SN version of it was sold since 2017,
And multiple VOA and UOA throughout the years did not show much changes,

I assumed it did not change, so called ancient. But of cause don’t know for a fact

Did not mean insult the oil :) or downgrade its quality

Based on the simple search. API SN version of it was sold since 2017,
And multiple VOA and UOA throughout the years did not show much changes,

I assumed it did not change, so called ancient. But of cause don’t know for a fact
That is not correct, that oil is on sale since 2014!

not about it, did they update the formulation too? or the existing formulation fits the updated approval.
It's not really relevant as the updates in part are based on current powerplants. I have seen a VOA of the ESP but M1 states it meets the requirements of SP and typically this means more Mg and a little less Ca.

I’d take QS since it’s LSPI prevention friendly SP, last time I looked the Pennzoil Euros were not.
Doesn't the "Dexos 2" label on the PP Euro L cover the LSPI aspect?

I don't know for sure so not a hypothetical question...just asking.

Doesn't the "Dexos 2" label on the PP Euro L cover the LSPI aspect?

I don't know for sure so not a hypothetical question...just asking.
I would think their PDS would mention SN+ instead of SN. Shell hasn't updated the PDS since 2020 and it looks like Euro L has been pulled from the website. Probably going to update to SP.

Unless you need SN+ there is no worry for LSPI.

Back