Pennzoil Platinum E. LX - Changing Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found a sweet deal on Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX which has VW 507 and Porsche C30 approval which would cover Dexos 2 requirements if it was certified for that (but isn't) and far exceeds Dexos 1 Gen 2 requirements and best of all I can get this deal in a 0w30.

I can't pass up the deal so I'm going to buy a bunch and run that in the van because it's a considerable savings over Amsoil Signature Series.

Specs for this oil are here...
https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/prod..._SAE_0W-30_Fully_Synthetic_Motor_Oil.pdf

I'm gonna run now because I know what's coming...
45.gif

Last edited:
Omg...Did you fall off the wagon? Amsoil gremlins are coming for you now. In all fairness money saved is money earned. Kudos on your find.

No but when Amsoil is $45 CDN per gallon and I can get Pennzoil Euro LX or Pennzoil Ultra for $30 CDN a gallon it's a no brainer. Besides Chrysler likes Pennzoil anyway.

Looking over the specs again I might go with the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 instead of the Euro LX 0w30 because of the VOA's I'm seeing.

Do you have any potential warranty concerns running an oil that doesn't have MS-6395 cert, and is outside the 5W-20 owner's manual viscosity spec?

Where did you find a smokin deal? Here in the states it's actually similarly priced to amsoil if you're a pc customer.

In the Manual it says "Recommends using a MS-6395" oil. It's for the OLM. It also says that an API license oil "should" be used and non API licensed oils "should" be avoided.

I'm not concerned with that anyway.

Don't forget to send off for the Pennzoil rebate too! You can get $10 per 5L jug, up to a maximum of $20.

I'm guessing you bought this at Canadian Tire? If so, I hope you have the new Triangle card, as you can rack up Canadian Tire money very fast with that app! I already racked up $40 in CT money just from my last purchase of synthetic oil from Canadian Tire! (that week they had 25x the points on synthetic oil, plus $20 in CT money for spending $100)

Originally Posted by CT8
Amsoil is worth twice the price you pay for it !

How so? Will it make your engine last twice as long? (don't get me wrong, I do think Amsoil is a great oil)

You're the guy that often says to just buy the cheapest oil you can get on sale, so you're quite the hypocrite.

Originally Posted by CT8

Agreed, but this is a sweet deal. I don't know... I gotta think about it over this OCI. That gives me a couple of months. The PentaStar is a low wearing engine judging by the ton of old ones on the road and my dad's that went 300K on conventional oil and it's still going with 0 consumption.

Last edited:
Patman it's 22.7 Litres for $189 Canadian which is $8.32 / litre or $31.44 per gallon for the Pennzoil Ultra 5w30 through Napa Canada. It's the Bag in the box with the spigot.

That's far cheaper than the $45 per gallon for the Amsoil Signature Series

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Marco620
Just relax. I am sure either or will do just fine. All FCA SRT vehicles leave factory ðŸ with Sopus Synthetic oil 🛢 anyways.
https://youtu.be/I2p8yStnJ2A

And, before the contract changeover due to the FIAT acquisition, it was Mobil 1 0w-40.

The Pentastar isn't picky, I'm sure it'll be fine on pretty much anything.

Originally Posted by Patman
Originally Posted by CT8

How so? Will it make your engine last twice as long? (don't get me wrong, I do think Amsoil is a great oil)

You're the guy that often says to just buy the cheapest oil you can get on sale, so you're quite the hypocrite.
Their marketing alludes as to the worth! The post was 101% sarcasm

Speaking of PP, has anyone seen the latest PP specs that show SN+/D1G2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back