Part Numbers for Class A Motorhome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call your local heavy duty Ford dealer (Most are also Sterling Truck dealers).

Air filter: E7TZ.9601.B (FA-1046)
Fuel: FOTZ.9155.B (FG-872)
Breather: E7TZ.9D695.A (FA-1047)
PCV: F1TZ.6A666.A (EV-1490
Cap: E6TZ.12106.A (DH-411-B)
Rotor: E6TZ.12200.F (DR-374-B)
Wireset: F2PZ.12259.H (WR-4110)

Yep, I have a big truck dealer "Motor City Truck--Ford/Sterling" just a few miles down the highway from me.

Already confirmed the air filter off the net. Is Purolator A24378, just like the E350 motorhome and my 4.9L F150 take.

Strange the FA numbers in Inliner's post don't bring anything up in the Purolator x-ref page. I will keep Inliner's list though and try the numbers at the auto parts stores.

Thanks everyone.

The listing is actually under "F53 Stripped Chassis" which is the 460 V8.

I just bought a used Class A Motorhome on a 1997 Ford F53 chassis with a 460 V8. None of the parts stores list this chassis. Many don't go beyond F350 pickup trucks. A Ford dealer told me for the engine just buy what is listed for an F350 or F450.

I am looking for common things like air filter, breather filter, PCV valve, fuel filter, spark plugs, cap, rotor, and wires.

Anyone with a similar motorhome? What do you do for parts? I guess I could look at the number on the parts that are on the vehicle, but it's nice to have the new parts before you pull the old.

Thanks again. I called Motor City Truck--Ford/Sterling, which is where Ford's Motorhome hotline folks directed me. The guy there told me that for the engine, simply look up an F450. Then I asked about PCV valves and found out this one screws into the valve cover and costs about $46. Guess I won't be replacing that just as a matter of course, but only if it really goes bad.

quote:

Originally posted by Inliner:
Call your local heavy duty Ford dealer (Most are also Sterling Truck dealers).

Where did the Ford/Sterling tie come from?

Sterling is a Freightline company now and Freightliner is Daimler Chrysler.

I use to drive by a Ford/Sterling truck dealership on the way to work in San Jose back about the time dirt was invented. Was Sterling owned by Ford at one time?

I thought in the late 90s Fords lighter truck line (F150 up through F550 or so) was doing so well that they offloaded the bigger truck production to Sterling. Here is a quote from a book titled, Ford Heavy Duty Trucks 1948 - 1998 Photo History," by Paul G. McLaughlin:

"With the coming of the Sterling in 1998, Ford's heavy-duty truck history came to an end--something us heavy-duty Ford truck fans thought we would never see."

Also says they decided to sell off the HD truck line to Freighliner in 1996. While Ford's HD line was doing well it was not bring in as much profit per unit as were the light trucks, especially SUVs. Their pullout plan was to wait a year or two and then trucks that were Fords would become Sterlings. So I guess Sterling is part of Freightliner?

Just changed the air, breather, and fuel filter.

The numbers given above were good for air and fuel, but the breather was FA1603. The air filter was the same cross reference as the Purolator part I gave above.

In looking at the Purolator site, though, their specs with drawing shows the FA1603 version and the FA 1047 version being near identical. Just slight difference in overall dimensions but hose hookup looks identical.

Have to look at them in the store, but the FA1603 version is hard to find. If it is only the dimensions, then either should work. Reason I want to use the FA 1047 is I have four Purolators in that size that I got on clearance last year.

Here are the numbers I got off the Motorcraft site for the "F-SuperDuty 7.5 L":

Air filter: E7TZ.9601.B (FA-1046)--same
Fuel: FOTZ.9155.B (FG-872)--same
Breather: E7TZ.9D695.A (FA-1047)--FA1603
PCV: F1TZ.6A666.A (EV-1490)--EV221
Cap: E6TZ.12106.A (DH-411-B)--same
Rotor: E6TZ.12200.F (DR-374-B)--same
Wireset: F2PZ.12259.H (WR-4110)--they didn't give this one

For oil filter the manual says FL1A, but pictured for the Van chassis is a FL1HP. The MC site also says FL1HP. Well that is a more expensive part as the can is heavier duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back