Parking Lot etiquette -angled parking

What's the point of having directional lanes these days? Its the wild west, simply trying to follow some established 'rules of the road' when navigating parking lots. Certainly not just young kids, boomers are just as apt to do it now. It's all about me....

I had a really good parking space at work. Close to the door, etc.

Someone (who I didn't know) bought a long bed 4 door truck and was having trouble parking in their assigned space. They wanted to trade parking spaces.

Would you have traded for their not so good space?

The proper etiquette for angled parking is don't pull through so that it's nose out. Making that turn into the direction of traffic is much more difficult. My hitch rack on my car has been destroyed by a truck that parked nose out and hit my car trying to make a tight turn out.

Out in western Kansas it's really common still. Everyone parks in the center on Saturday night 🌉 and tailgates til 2-3am. Love those little towns of one gas station,one grocery store, three churches and liquor store.

What's the point of having directional lanes these days? Its the wild west, simply trying to follow some established 'rules of the road' when navigating parking lots. Certainly not just young kids, boomers are just as apt to do it now. It's all about me....
In fact around here it’s usually not young kids it’s mature people. Been more than 1 time I’ve been driving my 3/4 ton in a parking lot and made the dingdong back up a ways. I’m not the one going the wrong way. 🤷‍♂️

Just my $0.02

Irony: I can back into most spots on most days in by supercab 150. BUT, if I need to pull in forwards, so the bed is available, say at Home Depot, it takes at least a 2-point turn to get in. Yesterday it took a 4-point turn because of other larger vehicles and lazy foot traffic…. At a store where it should naturally have other trucks there too. I think the Target parking lot has wider aisles….

Irony: I can back into most spots on most days in by supercab 150. BUT, if I need to pull in forwards, so the bed is available, say at Home Depot, it takes at least a 2-point turn to get in. Yesterday it took a 4-point turn because of other larger vehicles and lazy foot traffic…. At a store where it should naturally have other trucks there too. I think the Target parking lot has wider aisles….
I hate the "pro" section at our home Depot. All the so called "pros" park right up front,blocking the entrance so nobody can use it. We had to wheel a refrigerator almost to weinerschitzel because they had it all plugged up with delapadated trucks

Funny this post is going on today. I had to get deck screws at the HD and there was a shiny black Ram straddling the line, taking up two spaces. I would have just chosen another spot. BUT, on my way back out, he was rolling a cart of about 400lbs of wood out to it, for the same reason - can’t get a spot in the pull-through. He manned-up on one end, and yet demonstrated poor parking on the other. And yeah - many here just park in the loading dock for the duration of their trip, rather than using it for loading only. Fortunately, most of the time I can manage the cart of wood out to the parking lot.

Always enjoy the AH who must back into an angled parking spot.

People who make others wait so they can back into a parking spot already tilt me.
Maybe it’s time to move to a 1 horse town so you don’t have to worry about AH that back in. 🤷‍♂️

Personally I always back my truck in unless I need to load stuff in the bed. It makes it easier when leaving to see the people with the zoomies that would hit me if I was backing out.

Just my $0.02

Maybe it’s time to move to a 1 horse town so you don’t have to worry about AH that back in. 🤷‍♂️

Personally I always back my truck in unless I need to load stuff in the bed. It makes it easier when leaving to see the people with the zoomies that would hit me if I was backing out.

Just my $0.02
Ya well it's an AH thing when there are a line of cars waiting for you to to the cha-cha-cha back in.

Ya well it's an AH thing when there are a line of cars waiting for you to to the cha-cha-cha back in.
More of an AH move when you have to gingerly back out of a spot because you can't see cross traffic.

Not overly so.
It is. You pass the spot, verify that it is clear, and back in. You can then easily see cross traffic when you leave, because you're facing it.

Back