O'Reilly's Insane Prices...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gawd I thought Autozones prices were insane. I was just at O'reilly's and they want $39.99 for both the 5.1 qt jug of Pennzoil Platinum and Valvoline Synpower. And if you buy just 1 qt of PP it's $10.50
shocked2.gif
shocked2.gif
shocked2.gif
shocked2.gif
shocked2.gif

I think I might go back to Meijers and get the rest of the oil they had on clearance. PP was $13.00 a gallon.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Gawd I thought Autozones prices were insane. I was just at O'reilly's and they want $39.99 for both the 5.1 qt jug of Pennzoil Platinum and Valvoline Synpower. And if you buy just 1 qt of PP it's $10.50
shocked2.gif
shocked2.gif
shocked2.gif
shocked2.gif
shocked2.gif

I think I might go back to Meijers and get the rest of the oil they had on clearance. PP was $13.00 a gallon.

When O'Reilly opened around here last year, I thought the competition with AZ and AAP would bring better prices and rebates. Instead they all are getting more expensive each day! Don't get it.

John

Prices going up everywhere. We only have oreilly or napa, both are outa site with their prices, starting to pi.. me off alittle

I can`t remember if it`s been asked,but what`s up with the 5+ quarts? Why not just an even 5? Are the 5 quart jugs WM exclusives via patent license?

Last edited:
i just came from our walmart and the oil went up here too. 13 dollars for quakerstate green bottle 14 for mobil 5000 30 for mobile ep 26 for pp 29 for syn power.i have used synthetic for many years and changed oil at 4 to 5 thousand miles thinking of going back to conventional it seems almost as good as syn now.beside that i always trade when i get close to one hundred thousand miles.

People still need to buy motor oil.....it's whatever the market will bear! Personally, I think it's the high cost of additives, for add packs, rather than oil that is pushing up the prices.

Have you noticed that Moly and other additive are missing from some well established brands and being substitutedd with other "Organic additives".....Valvoline MaxLife HM and now Chevron/Texaco Havoline with Deposit Protection. I bet some of the Generic, Store Brand oils in API-SM, GF-4 might be as good, if not equal to some of these name brand oils with weaker add packs.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I just got back from Walmart too,and their oil aisle is almost empty!

Last edited:
I can`t remember if it`s been asked,but what`s up with the 5+ quarts? Why not just an even 5? Are the 5 quart jugs WM exclusives via patent license?

At these prices, if they're willing to give me a little bit extra, I'm not complaining.
grin2.gif

Yep. So the other stores have 5 liter (5.3 quarts) jugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back