Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Pricing

As others have mentioned, the prices are higher when sold from third-party sellers. For whatever reason, PUP (esp in 5w-30) goes out of stock for awhile all the time, and then returns back to in stock at some point. Even prior to the pandemic this was an occasional issue, but is worse and seems to last longer now.

To get an idea of what the "regular" price would be when in stock, just look at the 5W-20 ($32.52), which is sadly up from the ~$25 from last year (and $20.57 on sale in 2020!).

Also note that if you're looking to also get the rebate this year, the pennzoil rebate excludes Amazon (but not Walmart or walmart.com) so your cheapest option would be to wait until it gets back "in stock" from walmart. I say "in stock" (quotes) here, because when I ordered it last month, it appeared to me that it was drop shipped from a Pennzoil facility (via OnTrac in Phoenix,AZ), and not from a Walmart location that I recognize as typical in prior years - making me further think they have supply issues.

FWIW, amazon.com seems to have even more trouble keeping 5w-30 PUP in stock. This year, by the time I saw a price alert, it's already sold out again by the time I check the page (<30-mins after the alert). IME, Walmart.com however is usually able to keep it in stock for 3-4 weeks before going OOS again.

What has happened with Pennzoil's Ultra Platinum pricing?

It was around $25 on Amazon (and Walmart) and now it's over $50 for a 5 quart jug.

Castrol and M1 have had some minor pricing fluctuations, but nothing like Pennzoil.
The more it costs the better it must be.

Amsoil Signature 5W-30 is cheaper with the preferred membership right now than the PUP.

One quart of Amsoil is $11.89.

No chance I'm spending that on a single bottle of PUP, but I get it if you buy 3 jugs....that's a good deal, done that before.

There's the PENNZOIL rebate to help lower cost . $20 gift card with purchase of 2+ 5 quart jugs or 10+ quart bottles . Should be less than $11 a quart with discount .

Back