Oreillys auto parts - EXPENSIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only use o'reilly since they are knowledgeable and the manager will cut me a deal and since i got a commercial account i really like the no delivery fee along with the good discounts on house brand items.

Aap, az, napa is a joke here and i will venture to my local carquest when oreilly doesn't have my parts and i usually buy some oil through them since name brand oil is considerably cheaper than walmart pennzoil is 3.50 per quart right now and carquest oil is 2.99 per qt.

Originally Posted By: Kira
I believe banks acquire land then a cheap building is constructed. Then, just like video stores in days of old, if the business sputters and fails, the cracker box can be reutilized.

They started as a local family owned chain out of Springfield, MO ( not far from here ) and were once a tenant in a property I now own. They moved out to a building that ( I presume ) they owned instead of leased, wore it out or aged it out, and then built a new one a lot or so over.

I've noticed they have done that in other locations around here - build a new store a lot or so from their old one, and leave the old one empty, with the lights on.

Haven't really kept up with them over the years. Looks like they prefer to own, and have pretty specific requirements, not just some second hand, bank owned, crackerbox. From their corporate site:

"Overview:
The majority of our growth involves new construction of freestanding stores on real estate we own. However, we also consider build-to-suit, ground lease or building lease options." (emphasis added)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back