Ordering a Camaro in the next few days!

So this was unexpected... Two days from build to delivery... Got this from my salesperson at my dealer this morning!!

I will probably pick it up tomorrow or Friday, once I move some money around as I wasn't expected it so soon. Dealer still has to install the front splitter when it arrives in, but otherwise I can pick it up whenever I am ready.

part0.jpg

Looks great ! Wished I still had some GM Card rebate left for you. (From the Camaro forum).

So was it built on Tuesday or Monday ? One day or Two to get to Cleveland ?

Hey there! Nice to see you here as well!

I assume Monday it was completed, given Tuesday morning the tracking said the car was produced (and it updates each night, I believe). Either way, super quick!

Picked it up! Took it for an hour drive tonight along a scenic canalway, was awesome. Following break-in protocol for now, so limiting under 4K RPM and such... Cant wait to get full reigns! Picked up with 5 miles on the ODO.

20200924-173653.jpg

received-635069074065134.jpg

Picked it up! Took it for an hour drive tonight along a scenic canalway, was awesome. Following break-in protocol for now, so limiting under 4K RPM and such... Cant wait to get full reigns! Picked up with 5 miles on the ODO.

20200924-173653.jpg

received-635069074065134.jpg
Follow that break-in. GM knows what they are talking about. My LS7 consumed about 1/2 a quart of oil and sooted the tail pipes badly, but I followed break-in procedure and after about 600 miles, the tail-pip sooting stopped, and after 1000, the oil usage completely halted.

WOWEE!! What a cool looking ride! That Camaro is light years ahead of my uncles 94. And I thought his was bad ass.

Good looking car sir!! I too am not a fan of sunroofs. That Camaro should give you many trouble free miles. My uncle has always been a Chevy fan. He gave me a ride in his mid 90's Camaro with an LS engine in it. Holy Moly that thing handled like it was on rails!! When the back end came around you simply lifted off the pedal and stomped back on it to straighten it. I cannot even imagine what this new one is going to be like!!

Mid 90's ?? FYI, LSX didn't come out until 1998 model year on the F-body cars. Sounds like your uncle had a LT1 Camaro ??

Dave

Congrats on the maro !!

When selling this current gen Camaro new when they came out for 2016 I remember doing 70 on a exit ramp curve in California in a
magnetic suspension optioned 3SS ;)

That was fun car. But the 2015 ZL1 I sold and drove during my time at that dealer was true soul sucking experience :oops: :oops: :oops: :eek:

Dave

Thanks everyone! Took it for a few nice rides this weekend (~ 100 miles) and loved every second of it. Not a big fan of the run flats (a bit noisy for sure compared to the used ones I drove with non-RF tires), but those will be swapped in the coming weeks.

Picked up 20 quarts of M1 5W30 (From WM.com at $22.XX shipped each) to do the first oil change at around 1,500 miles, then again at 3,000 before switching to following the OLM. Picked up a AC Delco filter for the first change, but looking to switch to Fram Ultra at the 3K change when I get there in Spring most likely. Also planning on doing a drain/fill of the rear-diff fluid around 1,500... Seems to be suggested on various forums due to the initial wear metals and break-in occuring (with the appropriate A/C Delco Fluid).

Replenished all my detailing gear to keep up with this one... Will be giving it's first wash this week, along with a a bit of light correction (to remove some of the light swirls and such from the dealer pre-delivery 'detail'). Will be going at it with Meg's M205 prior to the Meguiar's ceramic sealant. I am impressed though, I have not seen any orange peel and the finish across the entire car is like glass. But maybe once I wash/detail it, I will notice some more flaws ;)

Mid 90's ?? FYI, LSX didn't come out until 1998 model year on the F-body cars. Sounds like your uncle had a LT1 Camaro ??

Dave

Dave, he actually bought the car with a Corvette motor stuffed in it. I have no idea what kind of horsepower it had but holy crap it pinned you back in the seat. I will tell you if I was into hot rods this 400+ hp Camaro would be hard to beat for a daily driver and fun at the track!!

Thanks everyone! Took it for a few nice rides this weekend (~ 100 miles) and loved every second of it. Not a big fan of the run flats (a bit noisy for sure compared to the used ones I drove with non-RF tires), but those will be swapped in the coming weeks.

Picked up 20 quarts of M1 5W30 (From WM.com at $22.XX shipped each) to do the first oil change at around 1,500 miles, then again at 3,000 before switching to following the OLM. Picked up a AC Delco filter for the first change, but looking to switch to Fram Ultra at the 3K change when I get there in Spring most likely. Also planning on doing a drain/fill of the rear-diff fluid around 1,500... Seems to be suggested on various forums due to the initial wear metals and break-in occuring (with the appropriate A/C Delco Fluid).

Replenished all my detailing gear to keep up with this one... Will be giving it's first wash this week, along with a a bit of light correction (to remove some of the light swirls and such from the dealer pre-delivery 'detail'). Will be going at it with Meg's M205 prior to the Meguiar's ceramic sealant. I am impressed though, I have not seen any orange peel and the finish across the entire car is like glass. But maybe once I wash/detail it, I will notice some more flaws ;)

IIIRC, You get first 2 OC's free from GM dealer and I believe Mobil is the main oil supplier for GM dealers ;)

Dave

Back