Ordered 2021 RAM Limited

Because he dislikes the etorque option on his current truck. I think that was the main reason.

On the other hand, I love mine. It smooths out the shifts. I have no issues with the regen braking or the start/stop. Then again, I’ve driven a Prius for 215K+ so I am accustomed to all of those features.
Thought E-Torque was just a useless gimmick. Would you recommend this option in a RAM 1500?

Thought E-Torque was just a useless gimmick. Would you recommend this option in a RAM 1500?
Aside from the usual durability concerns (more to go wrong), I think the system works great. The shifts are slightly smoother than the non eTorque models and the start/stop operation is seamless.

Is this your truck. (y)

Pretty close. On my order I have the regular non-eTorque Hemi and chrome bumpers. Only bed utility group and engine block heater (and 4x4) added as options from the base Limited. I also got the indigo/frost (navy and tan) interior.

Does the system work like a hybrid or just during start/stop operations?
Doesn't work like a hybrid. Watch the video below.

One thing they don't tell you is that it feels a bit funny when stopping due to the regenerative braking to recharge the 48v battery. Most people don't notice or care, but it is the main reason I ordered the Limited with regular Hemi. I am mostly used to the ET after 9 months but still would prefer not to have it. The added features are nice if the regenerative braking doesn't bother you.

Pretty close. On my order I have the regular non-eTorque Hemi and chrome bumpers. Only bed utility group and engine block heater (and 4x4) added as options from the base Limited. I also got the indigo/frost (navy and tan) interior.
Do you really need a block heater on a gas engine in Wisconsin?

I've never been to Wisconsin so please excuse me if that's a dumb question.

Do you really need a block heater on a gas engine in Wisconsin?

I've never been to Wisconsin so please excuse me if that's a dumb question.
"Need"? No. But when it is 30 below in the morning and the truck sits outside, it is easier on the engine and the vehicle heats up much faster. Well worth the $95 IMO.

Man Congrats!!! That is the BEST truck on the market and the interior is UNMATCHED by anything else. I currently have a 2016 Ram Limited and love it having just over 90k miles with just one issue being an exhaust manifold leak under warranty. I will be in the market for another Limited maybe next year.
Are you running PUP 5W-20 in it?

Get a 2021 Nissan Frontier.
Same design since 2005. Reliable and pro4x is proven.
I'm talking USER trucks.

"Need"? No. But when it is 30 below in the morning and the truck sits outside, it is easier on the engine and the vehicle heats up much faster. Well worth the $95 IMO.

+1. Combine that with an oil pan heater and you're golden IMO.

I have a fully loaded 2017 Laramie Longhorn that I purchased brand new. The extended warranty is almost up and it's going to be someone else's problem soon.

I will never, under any circumstance, purchase a FCA vehicle again. It's not just the quality, every FCA dealership I can think of that I've dealt with over the years, has been a displeasurable experience in one way or another.

Never again.

Last edited:
OMG when I first read the title I thought you were talking about computer RAM and thought ,"who would buy limited RAM?" I'm and idiot guess I gotta stop drinking brake cleaner.

RAM stands for what they do after having their customers bend over.

OMG when I first read the title I thought you were talking about computer RAM and thought ,"who would buy limited RAM?" I'm and idiot guess I gotta stop drinking brake cleaner.
Brake cleaner has a spicy taste that can't be beat.

I have a fully loaded 2017 Laramie Longhorn that I purchased brand new. The extended warranty is almost up and it's going to be someone else's problem soon.

I will never, under any circumstance, purchase a FCA vehicle again. It's not just the quality, every FCA dealership I can think of that I've dealt with over the years, has been a displeasurable experience in one way or another.

Never again.
What does this have to do with anything?

Back