New Vehicle in the Family- 2020 Ram 1500

The 2013 outback 6mt was traded in on a
2020 Ram Bighorn level 2, Built to serve package, Hemi.
This particular model is selling for msrp -5k or -5500 if chrysler financed (interest rate 5%+ with 840 credit)

Had to have ceramic gray so needed the built to service pkg. worked on a deal for it for 2 days.
ended up $9500 off which is quite bit better than the other 5 dealers I checked in with for pricing.
other models were upto 13k off but not this "limited edition" model.

Its a bit of an adjustment.
Then spent 1-1.5 hours cleaning off all the goo streaks and missed spots from when they "detailed" it.

Note: this is not my personal vehicle but I expect to drive it occasionally, and do the regular maintence
Might replace my jeep with one in a couple years.

Side note it comes with Falken Wildpeak AT3Wa tires.
a locking gun safe like compartment in the armrest.
and some other unique features mostly body colored panels instead of chrome all over.. and blacked out.

IMG_20200730_201116382_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome to the Ram family.

I just helped one of my friends purchase the same colored built-to-serve truck but with the Level 1 pkg. We worked with the same salesperson who sold me my truck. We ended up with $13k off msrp but I recognize that this is very dependent on the dealer and the local market.

Does this truck have eTorque?

Reactions: JTK
Congrats and welcome to the Ram family.

I just helped one of my friends purchase the same colored built-to-serve truck but with the Level 1 pkg. We worked with the same salesperson who sold me my truck. We ended up with $13k off msrp but I recognize that this is very dependent on the dealer and the local market.

Does this truck have eTorque?

all the bighorn level 1's near me had a bunch of the options of bighorn level 2. so they cost the same or more but were missing options such as the 7" lcd gauge cluster.
ie 52k msrp with less stuff than the 51.6k bighorn level 2.

I could have gotten 13.5k off a north edition, hemi, limited slip or locker, 3.92 gears.. before negotiating.. that was the website price..

Needed to trade in the Subaru asap before it needed more work.

That particular outback needed brakes 4x (once was my fault/ crap aftermarket brakes fault) had 130k miles.
got new rings, then a new short block for oil burning.
broken oil level sensor.. puked oil all over ground (after new shortblock they broke sensor)
seat sensor failed and wouldnt shut up about seatbelt not fastened with no one in passenger seat(even with belt buckled)
New clutch at 115k miles
3 sets of tires.
new windshield x2
normal maintence of gear oil and such.

It was going to need a bunch more work soon.
around $2500
plus new tires before winter.. they were lousy tires in the winter new.. not getting better below half tread depth.

Back