Ordered 2021 RAM Limited

You can easily get a stinker from GM, Ford or RAM. It’s up to luck of the parts bin for a lot of things. The same truck ordered a few months later could have better or worse components/assembly work. Buy what ya like and and hope for the best.

I have to disagree. Some vehicle are designed better than others and some I just wouldn't own long term. Chrysler products are like that for me.

The chances you'll have a reliable Toyota is much higher than with a Dodge. Part of it comes with company culture. Toyota as a company prioritizes reliability in all aspects of their business, hence why their designs are outdated in comparison to the market. Whereas Chrysler prioritizes styling, features, and cost instead. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but that's been my experience.

Last edited:
Yes Toyota is well above the domestic big three, but over a large enough sample, i find it hard to say GM FORD or RAM is any better or worse overall.

Yes Toyota is well above the domestic big three, but over a large enough sample, i find it hard to say GM FORD or RAM is any better or worse overall.

I stopped buying GM a long time ago for similar reasons so I don't know what their quality is like nowadays. At this point, if I was in the market for a truck, it'd probably be Ford, but I wish Toyota revamped their Tundra lineup.

All that being said, I mainly buy Japanese. I find their vehicles to bring me the best value per dollar all around.

Besides, at this point, Tesla is more "American" than the big three.

Tundra is gonna be all new very soon, 2022 model year. Let’s hope it is competitive in all areas and not just the durability.

Tundra is gonna be all new very soon, 2022 model year. Let’s hope it is competitive in all areas and not just the durability.
Independent rear suspension-Turbo 6 cylinder, it's sounds like it's going to be competitive.

I just bought a ram 2500. I needed the trucks ability.

I've said it before and again. I wish toyota made a 3/4 ton truck. I would have been all over that.

I just bought a ram 2500. I needed the trucks ability.

I've said it before and again. I wish toyota made a 3/4 ton truck. I would have been all over that.
This. I would want at least 2,000 pound payload option or a full 3/4 ton model.

Back