opinions: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 7.289

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al, we have a netgear firewall router, well 2 of them actually cause 1 is wireless. Seems to work fantastic cause when I disable my Mcafee firewall and do any kind of internet test, the router blocks everything.

"Al, we have a netgear firewall router, well 2 of them actually cause 1 is wireless. Seems to work fantastic cause when I disable my Mcafee firewall and do any kind of internet test, the router blocks everything."

I have a Netgear Rauter for 4 + years. I can tellyou 100% for sure it doesn't block tracking cookies or even malicious cookies. I can almost guarantee you that you will pick up a dozen tracking cookies in the span of a few hours, even surfing only relatively safe sites. (Try Ad-AWARE) I'm certainly not an expert, but the only thing I think a router will do is block open ports from hackers. I have checked my router's operation and I don't have any pingable ports open.

Spent months perusing message boards, anti-virus engine reviews, seeking, pondering, then read some more.

I noticed a large number of techno-geeks, the chaps who code for a living or run the IT department for a corporations, using on their own computers Nod32 from Eset.

Have used it for 3 years. Pleased with the program. Firm believer in the "yah' gets whatcha' pays for" adage. I gladly pay the $29 bux or whatever yearly fee for virus signature updates.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

AVG is great with mine, never a problem I schedule my scans for middle of night, and that way resources are not a problem. Norton is a resource hog and very innefficient, McAffee just plain conflicts too much with other programs, and just try to uninstall Panda software...

Just my Humble Experiences....

Very impressed with Panda Titanium Internet Security 2006. I'm in IT and see just about everything and this is s good as it get's currently. SpywareBlaster for blocking SW and as good as you need without getting a hardware firewall which is the best IMO.

On one of my other forums we found a virus in our file archives.

Out of nearly every antivirus program in existence (including the paid subscription ones that were most recently updated) only AVG found it.

I highly recommend AVG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back