OMG MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ursae_Majoris
Originally Posted By: Spector
what about the affect of MMO on the additive package of the oil. Does the MMO (which probably has no wear additives)affect how well the oil protects?

You might want to read up on MMO first, it has both EP and AW additives:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1721905&page=2

I remember reading it but was to lazy to find it! You found it:

I copied and pasted from it.

#1725007 - 12/30/09 03:04 PM Re: MMO fuel economy changes noticed? [Re: Dieseldoctor]
Jax_RX8

Loc: Northern VA, USA Here's how - see inserts below

70% Light Aromatic Oil (Pale Oil)
- It is a Naphthenic Oil, so while it oxidizes faster than a Paraffinic oil, it does clean and dissolve sludge and carbon well and cleans up after itself from any oxidation. serves as base oil as well

29% Mineral Spirits
- Cleans Varnish very well. General cleaner. Also acts as an antioxidant.

38 parts per million (ppm) Boron
- AW/EP agent, friction reducer, antioxidant

900 ppm Phosporous
- AW/EP agent

1/2% 1, 2 ortho-Dichlorobenzene
- EP agent as it interacts with Iron to form an Iron chloride barrier under any ZDDP or other AW additives. Also very good cleaner/solvent, and friction reducer

1/4% 1, 4 para-Dichlorobenzene
- EP agent as it interacts with Iron to form an Iron chloride barrier under any ZDDP or other AW additives. Also very good cleaner/solvent, and friction reducer

Oil of wintergreen - for the scent
- Not just for the cent, is also a cleaner. may aid lubricity.

Red Dye - for the color
- well this one just colors the stuff

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
so how many miles is 20% MMO in oil safe for? I usually run oil in my Tbird at least 6-7000 miles...(Motorcraft 5w-30).

On the MMO Forum, Rich Kelly (Marvel Technical Director) has stated many times it is good for any length OCI that your host oil will support.

I too noticed the injectors quiet donw a bit, and smoothness when first started on very cold mornings...

Figured if it cleaned up the injector heads, and now they are spraying a much more uniform pattern thats whats making it work better... on those cold mornings.

Still too full on the dip stick otherwise I will drop some in the oil as well...

That's my problem too - i'd like to add a glug or two to my Tbird's engine but the oil level is exactly on the "full" mark...
I guess about an additional 1/4th of a qt (in a 5 qt sump) or so wouldn't hurt...although i wonder if that little is any effective.

demarpaint -
Thanks for taking the mystery out of the Marvel 'Mystery Oil'!
But do you also tell children there is no Santa Claus?
How about voiding their beliefs in the 'Easter Bunny?

Actually I really can't take credit it was Jax_RX8, I copied and pasted. I have a young niece and nephew who still "believe". We were together for Christmas, and my wife and I were ringing bells in different rooms, and shining lights at the sky looking for Santa.

But if I did contribute in taking the mystery out of Marvel Mystery Oil, please accept my apologies.

On a more serious note have a Happy New Year, I enjoy your posts and find them informative!
11.gif

demarpaint is a very good member who's always courteous, patient, helpful and provide good, balanced info, even for newbies like me :) and so is mechetch.
cheers3.gif

demarpaint is a very good member who's always courteous, patient, helpful and provide good, balanced info, even for newbies like me :) and so is mechetch.
cheers3.gif

Even I get along with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers3.gif

Thanks for the kind words! Tis the season! Happy New Year!
cheers3.gif

Hope I don't sound like a broken record, in these MMO threads. I have a passion for products that have worked for me, and I'm open to try new and other products.

I really enjoy being here, especially since business is so slow. It is a great way to pass time, share and learn. I like to tinker and experiment, especially with the 93 Aerostar.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
cheers3.gif

Even I get along with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're old pals Jon!
cheers3.gif

Well all I can say is MMO is continuing to impress me. On my way back home today I tested my truck a little. Seeing how long it took to get up to 50-60, passing another car on the turnpike, etc. The throttle response and genuine power to get up and go has improved about 80% with using MMO in the gas and oil. I had to pass a semi truck quickly so I wouldn't miss my exit off the turnpike and gunned it. In just a few seconds I went from 70 to 85 mph, and never even took it out of 5th gear. Passed the semi and kept on truckin' myself. My truck used to sort of cruise right about 68 to 70 on the interstate, now I have to make a conscious effort to keep it under 75. It gets up and gets moving faster from a stop too, with the MMO added. Before it was sort of lethargic from a stop and sometimes made me think of those bumper stickers I have seen on junky cars that say "Zero to sixty in five minutes".

Truck is still starting right up and running smooth and quiet too. I beleive I was right about some MMO/oil running back down into the oil filter too. I checked the oil again tonight about 10 minutes after i got home and it showed like it did last night, right up even with the "full" line on the dipstick. Just from judging by the fuel gauge, it does look like it took less gas to get to work and back home today. My commute is about 52 miles round trip. I added MMO to the gas after I filled up last night, and I think this is the 4th tank with it. So it may take a few tanks to see any MPG gains, but I use it in the gas for its UCL and fuel system cleaning and lubricating properties. Any MPG gain will be a much-welcomed bonus.

I wish I had discovered MMO sooner. Right now I think I will start using 3.5 quarts of oil and half a quart of MMO at every oil change and run it for the full OCI.

Anyone who is researching MMO, take it from me - I was very skeptical about MMO and believed for a long time that you should never add anything to your gas or oil. The way I learned it was modern day oil is plenty good by itself and as long as you use a name brand gas it is good enough by itself too. MMO works, and it made a night and day difference for my Dakota. It drives and runs so much better it's almost like having a new truck.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190

I wish I had discovered MMO sooner. Right now I think I will start using 3.5 quarts of oil and half a quart of MMO at every oil change and run it for the full OCI.

Anyone who is researching MMO, take it from me - I was very skeptical about MMO and believed for a long time that you should never add anything to your gas or oil. The way I learned it was modern day oil is plenty good by itself and as long as you use a name brand gas it is good enough by itself too. MMO works, and it made a night and day difference for my Dakota. It drives and runs so much better it's almost like having a new truck.

I've heard that many times over the years. People aren't usually that afraid to add it to the gas. They hedge when it comes to adding to the oil. I usually tell them to try a pint of the last 1000 miles of the OCI, most comment they notice a difference. Then they're hooked. Glad its working for you. What's great is you can't beat the price!

Sure can't beat the price. I'm going shopping for some gallon containers of MMO this weekend. They say Walmart has them but I didn't see them at my Walmart last week.

Thanks for your input too on this Demarpaint. I know you have been using MMO a long time and I appreciate your help and advice. I am glad to have helpe from everyone else too.

I've been to many WalMart in the last month. Only a few have MMO in gallons. Don't work too hard to find gallons since the quarts are competitively priced against gallons.

I would bet it cleaned up your upper cylnder and rings. I would think that after a few tanks of gas you probably do not need to use it every tank. I will probable use it every third or fourth fill up.

Originally Posted By: severach
I've been to many WalMart in the last month. Only a few have MMO in gallons. Don't work too hard to find gallons since the quarts are competitively priced against gallons.

This is what I've found. Local W/M by the qt. $3.77 = $15.08 per gal. Thats cheaper than other outlets in a gal. bottle.

BTW Happy New Year to One and All!!!!!

Well I need to stock up on the 32 ounce bottles then. If I can buy 5 or 6 32 ounce bottles it will save me from making too many trips down to Walmart. I guess the parts stores have it too but for a higher price.

The first bottle I ever bought was the 16 ounce pint bottle. I measure the MMO out of the bigger 32 ounce bottle into the smaller one, makes it easier to handle plus it helps if I need to carry a smaller amount with me to add to gas when I fill up. So far though I only added at the gas station the first dose. I usually just add it here at home after I get home from the gas station.

Oh and one other thing I noticed coming home today was when I was running 75 mph and just over 2000 RPM on the turnpike, my oil pressure was up higher than it used to be at that RPM. It stayed there too. Before I used MMO in the oil, the oil pressure would be up then drop down to just over halfway on the gauge when the engine and the oil heated up to operating temperature. The old reading at operating temp was probably 60 psi, and now with MMO I would say its at 75 psi and steady at 2100 RPM. There are no numbers on my gauge, just a low and high normal scale.

Something else it did is when driving in traffic the oil pressure gauge moves faster and it has a more consistent steady increase as I go through the gears. Before MMO, it kind of crept up slowly and as I shifted it would drop down quickly then come back up slowly. Now it's a more fluid measurement that still drops down a bit as I shift but it comes right back and keeps increasing on the sweep of the gauge.

This all tells me MMO is helping my engine. MMO works great. Anyone who reads this and is thinking about trying it, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back