OMG MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I added half a quart of MMO to my oil tonight. I have been reading about adding MMO to oil for a week now. I have been adding it to the gas every fillup, 4 oz to 10 gallons like they say. I got some really good results from that, a better idle, a bit more power and just an overall more smooth running engine. This is on a 2001 Dodge Dakota with nearly 122,000 miles on it, 3.9 V6 with a 5 speed manual. I use Napa or Carquest house brand 10W30 conventional and Proselect or Carquest Red filters. Truck runs very well with them. My truck is almost 1000 miles shy of its next oil change and I could not wait any longer to try MMO in the oil.

So, I added half a quart MMO to the crankcase and headed out to run a few errands around town tonight. Maybe 12 miles total but I made a few stops. I noticed when I started the truck it ran a lot quieter and was had such a smooth idle I had to roll down the window to listen if the engine was really running. I headed on out and noticed a bit more power when driving, nothing to get too excited about, but it felt good. Then I stopped for gas, popped the hood and my engine was running very very quietly, mostly the only noise was from the pulleys on the alternator, idler pulley and belt tensioner. It was running like a sewing machine, as some might say. A very well-oiled and well lubed sewing machine. So I filled up the tank and when I started the engine it only took a split second blip of time to crank. Less than a second and it started and was running fine. Before MMO, it would always take maybe a second and a half to turn over and crank. We have had a bit of cold weather here in Florida lately and the last few mornings it has taken about 3 or 4 seconds to start. Morning temps have been around 40 to 50 degrees. Two nights ago it got down to freezing for a few hours about 25 miles north of here. Anyway, I made 4 or 5 stops tonight and at each one, the truck was starting almost instantly when I hit the ignition. And it really is running very smoothly. It used to have a little bit of a shudder I could feel at idle, nothing wrong or detrimental, not even enough to affect the RPMs on the tachometer - just a little vibration that is said to be common in the 3.9 V6. With only half a quart of MMO in the oil, that shudder is completely and totally gone now.

I will see how it starts in the morning when I head out to work, and see if there is any improvement in 60-70 mph highway driving during my commute. But to say I am very well pleased and impressed with MMO is putting it very lightly. This stuff works very well, and it does what it says it will. I'm not looking for any miracles here, just trying to take good care of my truck and get the best performance and MPG I can. I am still getting right at 17 MPG with MMO in the gas but that may do better when the weather warms back up and may do even better the longer I run the MMO in the oil.

I was planning to only use MMO in the oil during the last 1000 miles of my OCI as a cleaning agent, but if the gains and improvements I get from MMO are consistent, I think I will start putting in 3.5 quarts oil and half a quart MMO every time I change my oil. I worry a bit about how much a whole quart of MMO will thin out the 10W30 I use so I am a bit hesitant to use a whole quart in the oil.

But man, this stuff really does work! I really don't think it's psychological or placebo effect. I know my truck like the back of my hand. MMO works. I can't believe how much smoother, quieter and better my engine is running with it. Anyone who is skeptical like I was should at least try half a quart in the oil and try it in the gas too.

Now I just need to find a place that sells it by the gallon. Walmart here doesn't have gallons of MMO, but I guess they could order it. I'm keeping my eyes open for a BOGO or a good sale on it at any of the parts stores.

So far for my truck, MMO works great.

Wow sounds very impressive actually. I have used MMO in my fuel with no large change noticed. I always buy top tier fuel per my manufacture though.

It may be helping you more because the IAC system on those 3.9s are highly prone to carbon build up and rough idle.

Last edited:
Yeah I remove my IAC and clean the pintle end about every 15,000 miles or so. So far, knock on wood, I haven't had to replace it yet. I clean and spray lube the whole TB and throttle linkage too.

OK, so I live 13 miles from the most god-forsaken overpriced doesn't have anything Walmart in existence. But they do have gallon sized MMO.

Where do you find it in the store though? I looked all over the Walmart here, no gallons to be found anywhere. Only 16 and 32 oz bottles. Next time I go I'll ask the tire and lube guys where they keep it.

The oil should be REAL dirty when you change it.
My brother is a Dakota nut. He's on his 6th one.
They've consistantly had really black oil at change time.
And he doesn't go long either.
He started using synthetic with this latest one; no MMO though.
Oil is still pretty dark when changed.

Why don't you try a 5w20 or 5w30, see if your truck runs smoothly on that, i would trust a 5w20 over 3.5 liters of oil mixed with mmo over a full oil change interval.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
OK, so I added half a quart of MMO to my oil tonight. I have been reading about adding MMO to oil for a week now. I have been adding it to the gas every fillup, 4 oz to 10 gallons like they say. I got some really good results from that, a better idle, a bit more power and just an overall more smooth running engine. This is on a 2001 Dodge Dakota with nearly 122,000 miles on it, 3.9 V6 with a 5 speed manual. I use Napa or Carquest house brand 10W30 conventional and Proselect or Carquest Red filters. Truck runs very well with them. My truck is almost 1000 miles shy of its next oil change and I could not wait any longer to try MMO in the oil.

So, I added half a quart MMO to the crankcase and headed out to run a few errands around town tonight. Maybe 12 miles total but I made a few stops. I noticed when I started the truck it ran a lot quieter and was had such a smooth idle I had to roll down the window to listen if the engine was really running. I headed on out and noticed a bit more power when driving, nothing to get too excited about, but it felt good. Then I stopped for gas, popped the hood and my engine was running very very quietly, mostly the only noise was from the pulleys on the alternator, idler pulley and belt tensioner. It was running like a sewing machine, as some might say. A very well-oiled and well lubed sewing machine. So I filled up the tank and when I started the engine it only took a split second blip of time to crank. Less than a second and it started and was running fine. Before MMO, it would always take maybe a second and a half to turn over and crank. We have had a bit of cold weather here in Florida lately and the last few mornings it has taken about 3 or 4 seconds to start. Morning temps have been around 40 to 50 degrees. Two nights ago it got down to freezing for a few hours about 25 miles north of here. Anyway, I made 4 or 5 stops tonight and at each one, the truck was starting almost instantly when I hit the ignition. And it really is running very smoothly. It used to have a little bit of a shudder I could feel at idle, nothing wrong or detrimental, not even enough to affect the RPMs on the tachometer - just a little vibration that is said to be common in the 3.9 V6. With only half a quart of MMO in the oil, that shudder is completely and totally gone now.

I will see how it starts in the morning when I head out to work, and see if there is any improvement in 60-70 mph highway driving during my commute. But to say I am very well pleased and impressed with MMO is putting it very lightly. This stuff works very well, and it does what it says it will. I'm not looking for any miracles here, just trying to take good care of my truck and get the best performance and MPG I can. I am still getting right at 17 MPG with MMO in the gas but that may do better when the weather warms back up and may do even better the longer I run the MMO in the oil.

I was planning to only use MMO in the oil during the last 1000 miles of my OCI as a cleaning agent, but if the gains and improvements I get from MMO are consistent, I think I will start putting in 3.5 quarts oil and half a quart MMO every time I change my oil. I worry a bit about how much a whole quart of MMO will thin out the 10W30 I use so I am a bit hesitant to use a whole quart in the oil.

But man, this stuff really does work! I really don't think it's psychological or placebo effect. I know my truck like the back of my hand. MMO works. I can't believe how much smoother, quieter and better my engine is running with it. Anyone who is skeptical like I was should at least try half a quart in the oil and try it in the gas too.

Now I just need to find a place that sells it by the gallon. Walmart here doesn't have gallons of MMO, but I guess they could order it. I'm keeping my eyes open for a BOGO or a good sale on it at any of the parts stores.

So far for my truck, MMO works great.

Great to hear, many of my friends over the years had similar comments after I suggested they try it. We have a few UOA's on BITOG with the use of MMO and they were quite good. If you're not having any problems with lower mpgs, or suspect you have head gasket problems I'd save my money on the UOA. JMO

Don't worry, running a full OCI in 1/2 quart of MMO with 3 1/2 quarts of oil isn't going to be a problem. I run 24-oz. in my Toyota Camry full OCI's each change. Many on here also run MMO for full OCI's with no problems.

The engines definately stay clean this way. Come to think of it, not one single record of MMO causing engine problems can be found on the net - gotta say something!

Keep doing what your doing, and a Full OCI with MMO is fine...

Originally Posted By: af0h
Don't worry, running a full OCI in 1/2 quart of MMO with 3 1/2 quarts of oil isn't going to be a problem. I run 24-oz. in my Toyota Camry full OCI's each change. Many on here also run MMO for full OCI's with no problems.

The engines definately stay clean this way. Come to think of it, not one single record of MMO causing engine problems can be found on the net - gotta say something!

Keep doing what your doing, and a Full OCI with MMO is fine...

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!

Been putting MMO in my gas for the last 2 fill-up's and haven't noticed any increase in milage, however the engine seems to start quicker and have a little more pep. Its been cold here and I don't go along with mpg figures on just 2 fill-ups, gotta have an overall average of at least 10 fill-ups.

Have just started using it in my crankcase today, now we'll see what happens.

Gas mileage and winter don't usually go hand in hand. Easier starts are one of the benefits, you really notice a difference with it in the oil during extreme cold.

I checked my oil on my break here at work. It's a couple of shades darker than it was yesterday before I added MMO. That tells me the MMO must be doing some good cleaning in my engine.

Again this morning the truck started right up in just a split-second. It was only about 55 degrees and a bit humid here. Another great benefit I can report is for as long as I have owned my truck, it has always been a bit sluggish when driving after a cold start. For the first half to 3/4 mile it was on the slow side and would sometimes stumble for a few seconds when pulling out of the driveway, like it needed to warm up a bit before it really got going. Hard to describe but I guess like me it is cold natured. I don't like being cold either. Today with MMO my truck fired right up and ran great right off from the cold start. It ran as if I had been driving for 3 miles instead of the 3 blocks it takes to get down to the main highway I use to get to work.

Then on the turnpike it ran really well, lots of pep and power. At 65 MPH I was able to pass other cars like they were sitting still. The throttle response has improved a lot with MMO. The MMO must be increasing compression and the increased lubricity in the crankcase must be increasing the power and helping the engine run more effeciently. Whatever it is doing, MMO is definitely helping my truck run better. It also seemed like the gas gauge didn't move as far today coming to work, like it might have used less gas to get here. No way to tell that for sure until I fill up again. The only odd thing was the oil level was back in the middle between full and add when I checked it today. Last night with MMO it was right up even with the "full" line. I don't know what caused that unless there is more oil/MMO in the filter since it has sat a few hours after getting to work today.

MMO works great and I think it is very beneficial. My truck ran very well before MMO, but the increased power and smoother running quiet engine are a night and day difference from the way it was without MMO.

I hope everyone who tries MMO gets the same and even better results.

That is positively great to hear!

I have had similar results on my '01 Saturn and especially my Fiance's '97 Camry; what a difference on both!
thumbsup2.gif

what about the affect of MMO on the additive package of the oil. Does the MMO (which probably has no wear additives)affect how well the oil protects?

MMO contains additives that reduce engine wear. We have a recent post with a VOA showing what MMO contains and its purpose. Will also have a handful of UOA's with it which looked pretty good, according to the people who commented about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back