Old/inactive thread warning? see pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in the process of locking all threads that haven't been replied to in > 5 years. In the future, we may bring the age closer to the present, but for now we'll see how 5 years works.
Is there a setting in the software to show similar threads that are only x years old or newer? That might cut out most of the old thread resurections.

I lean towards leaving relevant threads open for discussion, a blanket lock on anything over 5 years olds is a tad heavy handed in my opinion. Whats the point of searching for anything if the option for interaction is already snuffed out? There are posts all the time where the police show up and yell from the mountain tops to "DO A SEARCH!" Those replies from the self appointed forum police should be deleted for lack of relevant information as well.

Imagine people getting upset about discussions happening on an automotive discussion forum 🤦🏻‍♂️

Who cares if it’s an old thread. If the information or question someone posts on a ten year old thread is relevant respond, give it a thumbs up or like. If not ignore it.

Same with the old “use the search feature” response. I understand a new user every month asks “what’s the best oil?”. Link them a previous thread, give them a generic response of whatever meets spec.

That new user one of us runs off because they didn’t use the search function may have had the best baked ziti recipe ever that they were gonna put in the General discussion forum, now we’re all gonna miss out!

Some don't pay attention and respond to someone who hasn't been active for over a decade.

Some indulge their odd need for conflict by dragging up old up old arguments that were pointless drivel when they died out years earlier.

Some old topics have had new posts every few days and remain open.

Closing this down as Wayne has said what he will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back