ok to use QS euro all year long in cold climate

To answer your question, ANY non-European rated synthetic 5W-30 with a HT/HS viscosity
I assume the reason he's looking at the higher HTHS Euro versions is because of fuel dilution, which the Ecoboost engines are known for, which drives down viscosity. A 0W-40 would of course have better cold temperature performance than either of the oils you provided data for.

I assume the reason he's looking at the higher HTHS Euro versions is because of fuel dilution, which the Ecoboost engines are known for, which drives down viscosity. A 0W-40 would of course have better cold temperature performance than either of the oils you provided data for.
If it is Ecoboost, only Euro stuff.
He should have access to MotoMaster stuff.

Your assumption are right on the money. In regards of cold starting , well it wont happen very often , we have a second vehicul, and if i need the truck badly i can always use the block heater ... thanks to all for your participation , keeps the place super interesting

I hate wasting oil and my time especially in winter .
I live in Quebec Canada where winter can be brutal sometimes, and mild the day after or all at the same time ....
I am considering using the QS euro 5w40 all year long , is it a good idea ? That looks ok to me if I look at a visc charts ... but hey how better was my previous oil PP5w30 than this QS 5w30 let say at -18 F :)

I run Petro Canada UHP 0W-40 and 5W-40 oil in my two Ecodiesel trucks here in cold country of Finland. Sometimes temperatures hit -40 degrees celsius, but normally -20 to -30 degrees celsius. Excellent oils.... At the moment I run 15 000 km oil change intervals. I´m looking to find a better oil filter to extend the mileage to 25 000 km between changes. Ecodiesel filters are rated usually to 10 000 miles. I will probably install By pass filter system to Ram. Truckers run Duron UHP oils to even 100 000 miles or about 150 000 km intervals.

@Baveux
If you are not set on using xW-40 oil and a xW-30 oil is suitable, you can use QS Euro LX as an example it's rated to -51C or -59F. Great oil too. You can use that oil year around with no ill effects.

Back