Oils for V8 SBC and Fords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax, Francis. No reason to get excited. The turf can get a little rough ..but stay calm.

Try here, Francis Lube Selector punch in some cars/engines that are marketed in both nations and see what it yields.

Like I said, there has to be some radical difference in driving styles between your rolling fleet and ours. If you used our oils you seem to have reports of issues, yet we have none
confused.gif
Now for the most part, we don't have issues with going heavier ..at least to the point of it being apparent ..but we have a much more diverse climate.

Quote:

I have in the past many times. Do a search. I refuse to waste my time reposting a bunch of information just because some yahoo from down under has a wacky theory.

Hey listen, I was VERY clear always and so on, that I was asking the question, not giving the answer. I came to talk not tell. I really dont know how else I could of posted it.
spankme.gif

O! I be yoo n'er seen wn so OGGESSIF (crock hunter RIP
frown.gif
)

Anyway, Francis. Let's figure out just what those down under make their engines endure, aside from the typical heat, that requires the need for these oils.

Is the driving technique extra demanding?

Quote:

Hey listen, I was VERY clear always and so on, that I was asking the question, not giving the answer. I came to talk not tell. I really dont know how else I could of posted it.

How about this. Give us your theory, conjecture, whatever you want to call it in again. Be precise, concise, and comprehensive as possible.

Quote:

I have in the past many times. Do a search. I refuse to waste my time reposting a bunch of information just because some yahoo from down under has a wacky theory.

Typical response from a a self-acclaimed pseudo expert who for whatever reason cannot or will not sustain an intelligent discussion. If you don't have anything constructive to contribute maybe you should consider staying completely out of the discussion. Maybe you think all who frequent these forums should just search and review all your posts in order to learn and understand your infinite tribilogical wisdom?
smirk.gif

Quote:

Here, I'll even make it easy for you. Just go to the UOA section and look at how many cars/trucks are being destroyed because they're not using 20w50.
grin.gif

I suppose you also believe the sum total of all pertinent information regading this issue may be gleaned from your precious UOA section? That represents what, maybe .0001% of all UOA data? OTOH, I don't see alot of engines being destroyed by heavier oils either, so what is your point?

Why don't you run off with your tail tucked between your legs like a good little troll and look for some other posters to belittle and continue building your enourmous ego elsewhere?

puke.gif

offtopic.gif

Quote:

But then I thought well his got 5000 odd post to his name,

It has appeared to me in this and other forums, that just as often as not it indicates a mentally-challenged individual who snipes at anything, jumps into every topic with nothing substantive to add, or merely banters back and forth with one-liners for pages about things irrelevent or completely off-topic.

Don't judge a poster by their post count.

thread.gif

Anyway, Francis ...I think if we go nation wide, that there aren't any differences between American drivers and Oz drivers ..at least in how they treat their cars. You may have a few places where the distances are great ..so do we. You may have higher speed limits (I don't know) ..but no one here pays them any mind anyway. I'm sure you've got traffic jams and whatnot.

So, I imagine that both methods work and that the differences in engine longevity are pretty much myth. Again, our more diverse climate would surely lend itself to more varied usages of lighter oils ..but even where we have like climate conditions, lighter oils don't seem to be causing problems for our engines.

I think that the main difference that anyone would see in Oz is perhaps in regard to fuel economy for your short trip types. Probably the entire nation could save some ..but the short tripper would probably be more inclined to actually be able to measure the difference.

Here's my
twocents.gif
thread.gif
Actually, it sucks balls. Another 427 vs. the world of thick
hornets_nest.gif

I could honestly give a rats balls what Nascar (even though I love Nascar) uses in their engines or V-8 Supercars from Australia. I have a 1.8L that chugs along at 75 mph on the frickin interstate most days.
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif

What I see in this thread is personal attacks agains a poster for challenging a Idea.
I must agree with a certain point. If a new or rebuilt motor needs 20w50 to survive, it sucks(On a third level of sucking)! No attack just a fact concering an inanimate object.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back