Oil Volume vs Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I check it hot, it's a usually a bit down. When I let it sit overnight, it's where I expect it to be.
What vehicle is it? What could be happening is the oil filter is allowing some oil in the galleries to drain back to the sump if sitting overnight or longer. I've seen that happen.

What vehicle is it? What could be happening is the oil filter is allowing some oil in the galleries to drain back to the sump if sitting overnight or longer. I've seen that happen.
The level settles to where I filled it intially. No mystery or filter issues here

The level settles to where I filled it intially. No mystery or filter issues here
If the cold level settles to the same level, still could mean oil is draining slowly out of the galleries over night and into the sump. And it doesnt do that when checked hot.

If the cold level settles to the same level, still could mean oil is draining slowly out of the galleries over night and into the sump. And it doesnt do that when checked hot
Sure. I understand. Even with an adbv it can happen, however slowly. No worries man. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back