Oil Type Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangely enough, I first heard the bullpockey about not mixing conventionals and synth when I told a guy at Midas I wanted to try synth in my RAV6.
He said something like, "Are you sure? If you go synth you can never go back."
I panicked just a bit and then told him to go ahead with the synth...just didn't sound right. He was actually trying to talk me into the cheaper change...maybe he didn't have any synth on hand and had to have it delivered or ran over to the WM 1/4 mile away?
I googled a bunch when I got back to work and found enough evidence that this was a myth to make me comfortable.
The whole concept of a synth blend makes no sense if you can't mix the two!

Originally Posted by OilUzer
Originally Posted by csandste
BTW-- I'm in my seventies and mellowed in my old age, but in my younger years I would have tried to get that SA fired. Wouldn't have worked, but having an occasional conniption fit used to build up the testosterone. Now it would just gimme a stroke.

Good thing you used to work at a nice & quiet place!
lol.gif

No, I spent forty plus years in buildings that housed psychotics and other interesting street people. I could write books about the customer base.

Originally Posted by benjy
semi-synthetics are a waste of $$$ as there are no laws governing the amount of synthetic usually group III in the blend. use either conventional or synthetic or mix them of the same brand or just use super- tech line of lubes for best value without rebates

You just posted garbage relating to the OP's post. OP you are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back