Oil recommendations for low oil pressure

I would just use Lucas.

I saw this video a handful of months back and was honestly pretty fun. Lucas came in clutch for a vehicle with basically no oil pressure.

Quaker State All Mileage 10w40 has a CST of 15.7 @100°c. That with a bottle of Schaeffer Moly EP will take it up to a 60ish grade. May try this combo, ran it for a long time in my C1500 until I had the pump changed. Did see they make a 20w50 which by itself may do the trick.
The MSDS for the 10w40 has this listed at 13.9 CST.

The MSDS for the 10w40 has this listed at 13.9 CST.
Here is where I got it.
Screenshot_20230708-154528.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If it starts making noise you could even try some 75w-140 gear lube, just as a experiment

I've always wondered if gear lube works as engine oil

Good cleaning oil or a quart of trans fluid to clean the engine up for a few hundred miles
Current ATF doesn't have much in the way of detergents. It doesn't see combustion contaminants like an engine does. Don't know how this myth got started other than in the 50s and 60s Dexron had a lot of sperm whale oil which was an ester.

That is the PDS. The Manufacturer Safety Data Sheet has it at 13.9 Go to Google and put this in exactly as shown. gsap_msds_02147811. This will give you the msds link to Shell.
That SDS was published in 2020, so who knows if it'd be the current one, I tried the shell product cataloge but they don't have an SDS listed for the 10W-40 viscosity.

That SDS was published in 2020, so who knows if it'd be the current one, I tried the shell product cataloge but they don't have an SDS listed for the 10W-40 viscosity.
The MSDS is for the 10w40 Quaker State AM.The PDS stated earlier is from Sept. of 2020. The MSDS is from Oct. 2020.The MSDS is the most recent info regarding the QSAM oil.

I don't have any experience with the Atlas engines but does seem to have some of the same issues as the LS such as the o-ring issue. I would try a gallon of Berryman's through the dipstick tube and if your pickup is severely clogged it may take a few cleanings to even make a difference. I would get some Chevron Delo and run that for a couple of short intervals with one of these choices:

Last edited:
Back