Oil recommendations 0w40

Ndx

Hi Friends,

Since I’m currently in Canada ( oil deals are limited )

Castrol 0w40 is no longer available in large jugs around me.

Engines
V8 DI 4.8 2 turbos
V8 4.8 NA DI

Technically certs to meet LL-01? and A-40 ( but I’m ok with not having one as either will have stout oil )

Options:

M1 0w40
Fuchs 0w40 SuperSyn Long Life
Amsoil ?
LM

Fuchs is best price

Thx

The Motomaster oil goes on sale almost once a month for around 40% to 50% off. I think around once a year it's even 60% off.
Walmart puts it's M1 0w40 at 50% off around once every 3 months.
This is when I buy my oil.
Filters, I usually order a bunch from rock auto once every year or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ndx
it’s little weird that it’s not meeting A-40 the Motomaster

The motomaster is A40. The CT website has the wrong picture for the 0w40 rear of the bottle

It's not Euro rated and has a Noack of 13% and a SN/GF-5 style additive package. Not appropriate.
Here are the new specs. It's now SP, GF-6 and has a vis comparable to a Euro oil. Its use is sanctioned for Supercharged SRT engines and is certainly good enough for the OP IMHO. :)

SRT 0w40.JPG
SRT 040 add.JPG

Last edited:
Here are the new specs. It's now SP, GF-6 and has a vis comparable to a Euro oil. Its use is sanctioned for Supercharged SRT engines and is certainly good enough for the OP IMHO. :)

View attachment 91747View attachment 91748
Looks the same as before, lol. I definitely wouldn't use it in anything that requires a Euro approval like A40 or LL-01, the AW additive levels are too low and the Noack is too high.

Hi Friends,

Since I’m currently in Canada ( oil deals are limited )

Castrol 0w40 is no longer available in large jugs around me.

Engines
V8 DI 4.8 2 turbos
V8 4.8 NA DI

Technically certs to meet LL-01? and A-40 ( but I’m ok with not having one as either will have stout oil )

Options:

M1 0w40
Fuchs 0w40 SuperSyn Long Life
Amsoil ?
LM

Fuchs is best price

Thx
So what cars are these?

I vote for M1 0W-40 as well. Where I am at, it is readily available at just about any auto parts store and reasonably priced. It is a good oil and most importantly, DI engine friendly.

Pennzoil Euro 0W-40 is my current fill.

Really smooth running, easy to start.

No to the SRT stuff…

Back