OIl Price - Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oreilly came out with a flyer yesterday with Quaker State at $1.29 a quart after rebate. Also synthetics with rebate are $2 a quart after rebate, at both Oreilly and Pep Boys.

I need more for my winter season change, and I'll do the rebate thing cause it's cheaper than SuperTech at $1.54 a quart at WallyWorld.

I look for motor oil prices to go down, but when?

Quote:

Also synthetics with rebate are $2 a quart after rebate, at both Oreilly and Pep Boys.

The cheapest synthetic i saw in Pepboys is PP $3.50 after rebate or $5.99 regular price, the most expensive RP $7.99

I want to know why I can't find Havoline 5w20 cheap anywhere? It is never on sale except every so often at Auto Zone. I see an ad at Freds where Havoline is on sale for 1.49 qt. but only in 5w30 or above. Then I go to Family Dollar and they have every weight of Havoline for 1.89 qt., except 5w20 which I did not even see on the shelf. I asked for the manager who said she only stocks what they send her on the truck and there has never been any 5w20 in stock. What gives with this stuff anyway?

Quote:

the whole gas price dropping because of elections makes no sense

offtopic.gif

Well, there is a $4B tax on the ballot for oil companies to do business in CA - Prop 87. Perhaps the thinking by the oil companies is if gas prices get cheap enough by the election, support for it will decline.

Quote:

Perhaps the thinking by the oil companies is if gas prices get cheap enough by the election, support for it will decline.

that would have the opposite effect...

you drop prices and people would be more likely to pay the little extra because they were so used to paying $4.50 a gallon, now that it's $2.50 what is another tax to be used for alternative energy? if you keep the price high at $3.50 then no one wants to pay more than that so support for the tax goes down.... thats how I see it anyhow.

all the anti-87 adds are paid for by chevron and the likes, guess alternative energy sources are bad for the oil business, no?

btw, while this is OT for this area I would frankly love to see more alternative sources of energy - especially for cars! this whole dropping the price of oil when these things come up only goes to show how much they have us over a barrell, I'm sick of it! if gas can drop $1 a gallon in 3 weeks then theres is more to it than supply and demand - no cars running on fossil fuels means no money for fat guys in mansions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back