Oil On Ignition Coil/Spark Plug

Hello, I have misfire and pulled my ignition coil and noticed oil on the coil and in the spark plug well, Are there any quality aftermarket valve cover gasket sets as good as Honda/Acura parts? I have 2004 Acura MDX…..Thanks
BB9599DD-0AE1-4AEC-94DE-8D74B382328B.jpeg
E37F8B54-DC20-4F73-A747-92C0C2D00875.jpeg
F4A76F21-93F8-4D43-8EBB-7E47AC2E7CAF.jpeg
C3BBCD3C-2462-4FE0-98A1-9E0F0952B2A3.jpeg

I've used cheap gaskets and they're fine as long as they're installed correctly. But get oem if you plan on owning it for much longer.

OE is the best and guaranteed the same quality as what the engine had installed originally, that being said for almost 100 bucks a pair the Fel-Pro will do the job and are usually not decent quality and cost $30. You just have to decide if you labor is worth the extra $70.

Appreciate the information, Do I need to replace the ignition coil? The spark plug is definitely getting replaced.

Valve cover gasket sets and tube seals, Do the ignition coil and spark plug need to be replaced?

Appreciate the information, Do I need to replace the ignition coil? The spark plug is definitely getting replaced.
If you're not getting misfires I wouldn't replace the coil. If the boots are replaceable separately you could consider that, they're essentially a wear item

If you're not getting misfires I wouldn't replace the coil. If the boots are replaceable separately you could consider that, they're essentially a wear item
I was getting a misfire on cylinder #6 where the oil is in the spark plug well.

I was getting a misfire on cylinder #6 where the oil is in the spark plug well.
Well that could have been the oil or the boot or a failing coil (or a worn plug)

At this point your options are to just replace everything, or replace the vc gasket, clean everything up and see if the misfire continues. If it does, I might still move that coil to see if the misfire follows, simply as an extra diagnostic step.

Well that could have been the oil or the boot or a failing coil (or a worn plug)

At this point your options are to just replace everything, or replace the vc gasket, clean everything up and see if the misfire continues. If it does, I might still move that coil to see if the misfire follows, simply as an extra diagnostic step.
Yes, I’ll replace gasket, Plug and coil.

Clean it off inside and out with electronic parts cleaner, let it dry and run it. If it still has a misfire with a new plug then you can replace it, no point in throwing parts at it.

Great idea, I’m sure a lot of good ignition coil’s are replaced because of oily boots.

I cross reference the Acura part# to Honda and the part# is 12342-P2F-A01 for genuine oe spark plug tube seals… My local Honda dealership price is: $4.00 per seal, I checked online and they’re $3.00 per seal, A dollar difference if ordered online but the shipping is a whopping $27.00

Back