Oil nostalgia--

Status
Not open for further replies.
When D W `s # 17 car was sponsored by Western Auto, I used Western Auto 5-30 ,,, I used that for quite a while.
You had to love those bottles. Not sure who made it, didn`t care.
In the 60`s I started with Esso , later moved to Kendall

Now that Im thinking about it, I'd like to throw out some of the proprietory names of products he sold at the station. We as a family always called the place the "Station"..."Where's Dad"? "Oh, he's at the Station"..."Hay, I'm gona run down to the Station"...

He sold:
*ATLAS* tires, batterys, anti-freeze, fan belts/hoses & accessories
ESSO EXTRA gasoline(Put a Tiger in your tank)
Uni-Flo, Super Flo and I can't remember the others.

Credit Cards:
MasterCard, Bank Americard(VISA), ESSO/EXXON, Standard Oil, UniCoal, ESSO Canada. And there was a poster in the office of all the excepable credit cards that we could accept.

As the matter of fact, I still have a partial box(was a 25" roll) of 3/4" heater hose with ATLAS-3/4" marked on the whole roll. Also, I still have a few pints of ESSO Dexron ATF in the bronze colored can. And to beat the band, I still have my dad's old ESSO roll-a-round battery charger/jumper/load tester. Thing's a monster! Dad retired in Sept'79.

The oil I used to use in the 70's was
Kendall GT1 10w40. That oil was green just
like GC is now. Because Kendall was very hard
to find I then switched to Valvoline. To this
day I'm a huge Valvoline fan. I'm using Maxlife
5w30 in my 05 Pontiac G5 and using Maxlife 5w30
synthetic in my BMW.

my dad used kendall and changed it 3-4k religously, ive still yet to an engine with more gunk than that kendall 10w30 left behind. wich makes me seriously wonder why i have read some ppl are still in search of that stuff????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back