Oil for Fiat 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys!

I've been a lurker for many years here, and finally decided to join.

My girlfriends daily is a 2015 Fiat 500. It currently has around 55k miles. I try and keep up with all of her vehicles service, and when I change the oil in it I've used recommended euro pennzoil. On average the car has had drain intervals of 5-6k miles. When she takes it in for oil changes it's just regular pennzoil Dino at the dealer... No uoa. Car runs the same on either oil. Zero consumption on the dipstick in the 5-6k miles. Fuel mileage has always been almost exactly the same.

Napa synthetic is on sale for only $2.99 a quart! I was considering stocking up for her Fiat. Considering the oil is changed out every 5-6k miles. Would this stuff be sufficient to use? The car probably never sees WOT. Not much idle time. 75% highway driving

Originally Posted By: CT8
Any of the major brand oils with the proper ratings would be fine.

Does the napa full synthetic have those ratings?

Originally Posted By: Abax25
Originally Posted By: CT8
Any of the major brand oils with the proper ratings would be fine.

Does the napa full synthetic have those ratings?

It's your vehicle - you should know what ratings it requires. Owners manual would be a good place to start.

Quote:
It's your vehicle - you should know what ratings it requires. Owners manual would be a good place to start.

Girlfriends motorized roller skate.
Would look at the servicing the transmission with more than a passing interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
Tell us what the owners manual wants.

API certified and Chrysler ms-6395 which I would assume is nothing special. Just trying to avoid buying the ultra pricey pennzoil ultra euro stuff. This engine sees zero abuse and 5-6k drain intervals with mopar filters

Naps full synthetic @ 2.99 a quart Is a steal. Just making sure all will be well

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
Ok What viscosity does it want?

5w -30

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

He doesnt even know wich engine it has....

My local Autozone has a lot of the Pennzoil Euro for $2 per quart. If you have one nearby you might want to check it out.

Hello guys!
The car probably never sees WOT. Not much idle time. 75% highway driving

No WOT with that sewing machine engine on the highway?
I highly doubt that! These cars are designed for city use. Any highway use will result in piles of noise, vibration and harshness.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Hello guys!

I highly doubt that! These cars are designed for city use. Any highway use will result in piles of noise, vibration and harshness.

You're right, cars need 300+hp to drive highway speeds.

It's her daily beater. 101hp and 2,500lbs. More than sufficient. It's not harsh, highway driving the motor isn't loud.

You're focus and old bmw barely have any more power. All painfully slow cars.

Hello guys!

It's her daily beater. 101hp and 2,500lbs. More than sufficient. It's not harsh, highway driving the motor isn't loud.

Your right. I do drive painfully slow dinosaurs.

If a Fiat 500 on the highway isnt' underpowered and noisey, you probably daily a 49cc scooter.

I didn't post to be rude, but a fellow co-worker has one and she's constantly lamenting over her poor decision to buy one, for the reasons posted above. She's currently working her financials to try to lose as little as possible on trading it in.

Hello guys!

Dead last in CU's reliability report. Just as big of a flop of late as Fiat was in the US three decades ago.

Your right. I do drive painfully slow dinosaurs.

If a Fiat 500 on the highway isnt' underpowered and noisey, you probably daily a 49cc scooter.

I didn't post to be rude, but a fellow co-worker has one and she's constantly lamenting over her poor decision to buy one, for the reasons posted above. She's currently working her financials to try to lose as little as possible on trading it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back