oil filter use for longer than 1 year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to resurrect this thread to see if there is any difference in my situation, I've only out about 300 mikes in my '08 MINI Cooper JCW convertible (tritec W11) in the last two years due to poor health, I'm about to change the oil and got to thinking about whether I need to change the oem cartridge filter as well. Though I know oil color has little to do with anything, the Motul 0W30 that is in it is so clean I can still barely see it on the dipstick.

Any reason to change the filter or not?

Originally Posted By: cadfaeltex
I'm going to resurrect this thread to see if there is any difference in my situation, I've only out about 300 mikes in my '08 MINI Cooper JCW convertible (tritec W11) in the last two years due to poor health, I'm about to change the oil and got to thinking about whether I need to change the oem cartridge filter as well. Though I know oil color has little to do with anything, the Motul 0W30 that is in it is so clean I can still barely see it on the dipstick.

I wouldn't change the oil or filter until you get some miles on both.

Originally Posted By: cadfaeltex

Well if you have a question about this do a UOA and see what it comes back with. My guess is their going to tell you it just fine. But get it out and run it a couple times a month if you can. Filters are cheap and your oil is as good as your filter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back