Oil Filter change interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone...noob here, but I've been lurking for a month or so...

I have an '03 Mercury Marauder (DOHC 4.6) that I've switched over to M1 5W-30. I'm just coming up on 20k (miles), and want to extend my OCI to 5k. I've always changed oil and filter at 3k until this car, and want to know if the Motorcraft FL820S will handle 5k intervals, or should I change it half way?

This is a GREAT site...thanks

The FL820S will handle 5K intervals no problem! Don't worry about it. They are decent filters.

I run 5K intervals or more with Chevron 10W30 Dino oil and Walmart ST2 or FL820S filters in my '99 Crown Vic all the time.

I wouldn't hesitate to do a 10K interval with teh FL820S.

Nice car! I like those Mauraders!

The motorcraft filters are fine for 10K miles intervals with absolutely no problem, especially in a new engine that was always maintained well.

Hey RF,

Glad to see you found this site too. You are right it is an awesome website to learn from. See ya here or over on that OTHER website.

"Marauder on."

Thanks to all who responded...sorry it took me so long, I'm a n00b and misplaced my board-assigned password before I could change it...

I a$$umed the Motorcraft filter was up to the job, but it's nice to have confirmation from the kind folks at THE oil site...
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back