Motorcraft FL820S C&P - 3k Miles

Looong time lurker, first C&P post. The Qagea 77750 filter cutter purchased on the Jungle website made this a breeze.

This is an FL820S with an October 2019 date code.

No tears and overall filter condition was fine in my observation.

Due to the known media tearing issues this filter was replaced early - Last year during an oil change I thought I had an Fram Ultra on hand but was wrong, threw this on planning to change it when the Ford OLM triggered.

Oil/Filter has about 3k miles and 10 months on it. Replaced with a Supertech ST2. Oil is M1 EP HM in 5w20, topped back off not quite half a quart and reset the OLM.

This Ford truck has the 6.2L V8 and was dealer serviced with Motorcraft Syn Blend and FL820s at 5k intervals from new until I bought it with 92k miles (Carfax records), now sitting at 104k miles.

The hit/miss pleat spacing/tearing issues are really a shame, as the filter is priced well for 5k intervals IMO and thousands of ford products have done millions of miles on these filters.

pleats1.jpg
pleats2.jpg
fl820s_can.jpg
louvers.jpg
element.jpg

Looong time lurker, first C&P post. The Qagea 77750 filter cutter purchased on the Jungle website made this a breeze.

This is an FL820S with an October 2019 date code.

No tears and overall filter condition was fine in my observation.

Due to the known media tearing issues this filter was replaced early - Last year during an oil change I thought I had an Fram Ultra on hand but was wrong, threw this on planning to change it when the Ford OLM triggered.

Oil/Filter has about 3k miles and 10 months on it. Replaced with a Supertech ST2. Oil is M1 EP HM in 5w20, topped back off not quite half a quart and reset the OLM.

This Ford truck has the 6.2L V8 and was dealer serviced with Motorcraft Syn Blend and FL820s at 5k intervals from new until I bought it with 92k miles (Carfax records), now sitting at 104k miles.

The hit/miss pleat spacing/tearing issues are really a shame, as the filter is priced well for 5k intervals IMO and thousands of ford products have done millions of miles on these filters.

View attachment 197576View attachment 197577View attachment 197578View attachment 197579View attachment 197580
Looks ok, great photos. Thank Yiu for cut and post and WELCOME 😄

Too much sloppy glue jobs on the Motorcrafts lately, and some of that glue comes loose during use. Who knows if it could get through the bypass valve ... it's a possible risk.

Back