Oil emergency!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: steve20
6 pages later, and I'm still trying to figure out why you bought a BMW from a Chrysler dealer?

Canadians like to be different, I bought my Corvette from an Infiniti dealer!
smile.gif

Great answer!!

Originally Posted By: Gokhan
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I picked up two cases of it today.

Is it SN-rated? I see that Mobil 1 Web page already shows the SN rating for 0W-40.

No, SM. They keep a LOT of it in stock, so it may be a while before this the SN is cycled in.

Would expect your oil consumption to be slightly higher with the M1 0w40... Also with your mileage, the rod bearing clearances won't be a snug as they used to be either. Are you in a super cold climate, because the M1 15w50 would be a much more natural substitute for the TWS...

Originally Posted By: rhouse181
Would expect your oil consumption to be slightly higher with the M1 0w40... Also with your mileage, the rod bearing clearances won't be a snug as they used to be either. Are you in a super cold climate, because the M1 15w50 would be a much more natural substitute for the TWS...

The car is an '01. It spec's 5w30, not the 10w60. Though the 10w60 is an acceptable choice if one decides to go that route.

The 0w40 is heavier than what is in the sump currently (albeit, probably not by much) and likely what has been used for much of the car's past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back