White chunks in brand new Quaker State oil.

I posted earlier here and my bad choice of wording got snagged by the hall monitor…
Junk “sediment” in Pennzoil (just shake it up!) now this finding in Quaker State drives home the point to me that these Shell products won’t ever be in my equipment. Not even to lube the door hinges. Folks love it though…..

I posted earlier here and my bad choice of wording got snagged by the hall monitor…
Junk “sediment” in Pennzoil (just shake it up!) now this finding in Quaker State drives home the point to me that these Shell products won’t ever be in my equipment. Not even to lube the door hinges. Folks love it though…..
Sediment=engine vitamins 😉

Let's see what's happened so far ....

New member joins this month, has a legit question with decent photos to back up his concern and what does he get?
Three pages of jokes and bantering, with (at best) only a handful of serious answers.

Some of you need to grow up and/or take your babbling garbage over to social media where it belongs. I'm sure Reddit needs your input.
If you cannot participate in a serious conversation here when a newb needs some reasonable input, then don't participate at all.
That's your final warning.

Roger that. I’m in the offending group on this one. I appreciate the notice. Now if only this action could also be applied to the members that can’t respond without sarcasm and just plain know it all…or so they think.
There were several that went with VM - good enough guess without lab analysis …

At one time and may still be, Smitty's Supply was a blender for QS-SOPUS. I have seen quart bottles of QS with SSI on the bottom at the local Wal-Mart. Smitty's has in the past been known for questionable products. This may be a product from them. Regardless of where it came from this should not happen. Teflon is also something that according to those into additives, is an option for oils once again. QS bought out Slick 50 maybe they are trying the Teflon route and it didn't mix well.

I had some Valvoline Nexgen oil that had something similar years ago. I put the bottle in front of a space heater to warm up the oil and it blended into the oil. Still didn't use the oil.

Is it harmless? IDK.

*****UPDATE*****

Here is the response from Shell.

"We appreciate you emailing our company. We understand your concern on the appearance of our Quaker State 0W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil. There is no problem with our motor oil. What you're seeing is something that occasionally occurs in oil company blending plants, You have a container that has an abundance of our additive package that sometimes appear at the end of a blending run. It will disappear immediately when the engine is started and running. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our technical hotline at 1-800-237-8645. Thank you.

My personal opinion is that I'm going to go back to supertech full synthetic, which I have always used and never had a problem with.

I feel like the response was "oh well no big deal goodbye"

-Kevin

I feel like the response was "oh well no big deal goodbye"

-Kevin
What more or different were you expecting? How do you wish they'd have responded? You received a clear, direct, and concise answer to your inquiry. Is there more they should have done?

Considering what the issue was/s, it is "no big deal" other than it got a few people concerned and confused.

Back