oil additives and testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if anyones interested, i was wodering if you guys would like me to test some other oil additives. rislone, zmax ect.

i can post before and after picture, although its still be with my grainy digicam :\

i would even consider uncommon oil additives, like atf, diesel, kerosene, alcohol?

as long as i can keep 10psi per 1000 rpm's, ill run just about anything you guys want. but if its expensive, id like a bit of help on the money part. (zmax is kind of expensive)

its just a thought i figured i would throw out there for you guys to think about.

Crypto I would be reluctant to start running a bunch of different adds. in your oil unless of course your not to concerned about the possible consequences. I have yet to see an oil additive work and in fact my friend that I was going to get involved in the treatments of product X wrote me this the other day:

"Well, Eric. I dont have anything here that would have sludge in it. Diesels dont sludge like that....the only think burning gas around here is my 4Runner (50K on engine) and my weedwacker (running mobile1 synthetic) So...I dont think i'd be a good candidate. If I were you, I would definitly not put some magic potion in your toyotas. You are already doing what I would suggest you do . Keep running mobile1 synthetic, and it will keep your engines clean. I ran an additive in my 4Runner when I 1st got it, and it immedialtly ate up my rear main seal. God only knows how bad of shape the others are in because of it."

That was part of his e-mail to me.

Just something to think about.
dunno.gif

Daily Drives
-2003 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner XtraCab, Impulse Red, Peppy 2.7 Liter 4 Banger, Running Mobil1 Synthetics SS 5W-30.
ODO 4300 Miles.
-1995 Toyota 4-Runner, Evergreen, 3.0 V6, Running Mobil1 Synthetic SS 10W-30.
ODO 80500 Miles.

[ August 12, 2003, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Amkeer ]

Is there any way you can test Red Line Power Steering Fluid? I would do it myself, but 30% in university tuition hike makes it kind of difficult to pay for anything else besides it.
frown.gif

Red Line Gear Lube 75W-90 or Amsoil Series 2000 75W-90 Gear lube would be nice.

How about Red Line Limited Slip Friction Modifier?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back