OCI for my 2009 Tacoma using Mobile 1??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Factory recommended OCI is 5K miles or 6 months. I changed my oil with Mobile 1 5W-20 and a mobile 1 filter December 1st meaning June 1st will be 6 months. However I have only put about 2800 miles on the truck in that time. Should I stick with the 6 month rule or am I safe with the Mobile 1 to stretch the OCI further?

Mobil 1, not mobile 1
wink.gif
. For that mileage and changing it at 6 months, using full synthetic is a waste of your money. A good conventional will easily handle that OCI. If your vehicle is out of warranty, then absolutely extend your OCI to 1yr instead of 6 months to make the Mobil 1 more viable.

Ahh Sorry about the typo knew something didn't look right. Yeah I am out of warranty by a thousand miles now so that's why I was thinking of extending it. I'm just anal about maintenance, but as you said I don't want to waste money either.

I have a 2010 Tacoma and do 7500 mile oil changes.
If I was only putting 6k miles on a year, I would probably just change out yearly.

I do use synthetic and change out the filter every oil change.

So I should be good running till 5K miles and not worrying about he length of time as long as I don't go over a year?

7500 miles or once a year is a typical combo with your lubricant choice and engine.

5k is the absolute minimum mileage you should go or else your dumping good oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back