OCI and oil for new (to me) driving style

Status
Not open for further replies.
great news! i am loving this thread, and thought the avenger might be a threat to it
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: caravanmike
great news! i am loving this thread, and thought the avenger might be a threat to it
smile.gif

Adding this one to the mix: 1972 Plymouth Fury III 318 v8 w/ optional electronic ignition

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FURY-III-/181103086121?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_1022

I drove over 300 miles yesterday to check this one out. I'd rather a 400 in this one, but the 318 will do. I'm going to use it to try to get my mother to sell her LTD, or just add it to my "keepers". car is clean, solid, and has good paint. it was in a light front end crash and the original owner died just before finishing it. I have to say he did some really nice work, especially with all the one-year only front-end parts. I have to fabricate a battery box, reattach the front bumper supports, and that's about it. The low price made it a no-brainer.

The LTD has been sent out for exhaust system fabrication, so the Riv will be getting used by my mother all week. Also, work has begun on the '63 Newport. Starting first with steering and front suspension, then on to the exhaust system...

The Fury is now home and operational, at least to move it around some. I put a fuel pump and filter in it today, as well as change the oil.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: SS1970chrysler
http://postimg.org/image/4vmg8ukj1/

57.gif
19.gif

Man, where do you find these cars? From some under ground secret society or something? That looks almost new!

Not far off, really.
wink.gif
I am a member of a network of people dedicated to saving the large C-body Chryslers. We actually have people who comb all the online classified ads for these cars and parts and they get listed on our site.
This one's going straight to my collection, with possible use as my "vacation car" since it may be much cheaper to run and easier to find mechanical parts while on the road. It also has 3 very desirable options for that year: Electronic Ignition, AM/FM stereo, and front disc brakes.
smile.gif

Last edited:
http://postimg.org/image/4vmg8ukj1/

57.gif
19.gif

Man, where do you find these cars? From some under ground secret society or something? That looks almost new!

Not far off, really.
wink.gif
I am a member of a network of people dedicated to saving the large C-body Chryslers. We actually have people who comb all the online classified ads for these cars and parts and they get listed on our site.
This one's going straight to my collection, with possible use as my "vacation car" since it may be much cheaper to run and easier to find mechanical parts while on the road. It also has 3 very desirable options for that year: Electronic Ignition, AM/FM stereo, and front disc brakes.
smile.gif

And those are all good to have too. Jeez, thats pretty advanced for a 1972? Congrats on a real nice find homeboy!

Last edited:
Psst! There is a nice '67 Dodge Polara for sale on Broad St. in Hazleton. I've also heard the price has been reduced.

Psst! There is a nice '67 Dodge Polara for sale on Broad St. in Hazleton. I've also heard the price has been reduced.

If I only had the Garage space, Cause I`v been contemplating a classic or muscle car.

I now have the Caddy's pass-front door partially apart as one of the morons I work with broke the handle off while trying to shake open the door to tell me something at lunch time.
frown.gif
A new handle has been ordered and the $ + labor will be deducted from his next check. The worst part about this is that it wasn't even something important he had to ask me, it was to have me "save him some" of the cig I was smoking.
33.gif

My new door handle should be in this week. I'll also be taking out the 300 to rebuild the master and wheel cylinders. Just replaced battery and changed the oil getting ready for summer.
smile.gif

Get the LTD back yet?

Yep. Getting a system made for it cost about $400, but it was well done and the car sounds and runs much better. She claims it is actually faster now, even at idle and getting much better fuel mileage.
The Riv is now on ebay, but still getting used. I put 300 miles on it this week.
Must keep fingers crossed as I may be getting a job back in my area for the same, possibly more $...

Get the LTD back yet?

Yep. Getting a system made for it cost about $400, but it was well done and the car sounds and runs much better. She claims it is actually faster now, even at idle and getting much better fuel mileage.
The Riv is now on ebay, but still getting used. I put 300 miles on it this week.
Must keep fingers crossed as I may be getting a job back in my area for the same, possibly more $...

Did you put duel exhaust on? Maybe the Cat was getting clogged up too. Explains the more power feeling.

Get the LTD back yet?

Did you put duel exhaust on? Maybe the Cat was getting clogged up too. Explains the more power feeling.

Yep. Had a set of duals made. The cost wasn't really that much more. No one has or makes a Y-pipe for that model and I refused to look for a used one. The cats are still intact and on the car. They should still be fine considering how low the mileage is on that one.

...and for anyone looking for a cheap Riviera.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-Buick-Riviera-350-4v-solid-body-running-and-driveable-classic-car-/330899239675?_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_942

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back