NZXT H510 PC refresh

Tomioka

$104 Site Donor 2024
Figured I'd make a separate pic thread for this PC I'm working on. Bought a couple of NZXT H510 cases at Best Buy a while ago and used the other case to keep older PC components inside in case I need a backup PC or if I were to sell it. Thing has been collecting dust so time to clean it up and repurpose it as an HTPC. Old mobo was from this PC build but the case is long gone.

Gutted case for through cleaning. Readjusted mobo standoffs from mATX to ATX. Will be installing an MSI X570 ATX mobo w/ AMD Ryzen 2700x replacing an MSI B350 mATX mobo and AMD Ryzen 1300x.

IMG_0032.JPG

Reinstalled power supply with the fan facing up. For fan-off or fanless PSU's Seasonic recommends installing the fan vent facing up to allow the heat to rise up as well so the case fans can pull air through the PSU to keep it cool during low load situations.

IMG_0033.JPG

Mobo all wired up for front panel buttons, ports, fans, and power.

IMG_0034.JPG

SSD installed and trying my best to cable manage this thing. The basement concept to hide unsightly wires is a godsend to old and new PC builders.

IMG_0035.JPG

CPU, GPU, and water cooler installed. Full specs:
MSI X570 MPG Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi
AMD Ryzen 2700x
16GB G.Skill Flare X DDR4-3200 2x8GB CL14 RAM (dat Samsung B-die baby)
ASUS TUF Gaming Nvidia 1660 SUPER
Corsair 120mm AIO

IMG_0037.JPG

Updated the BIOS, did a fresh install of Windows 10 2-¡OH!-2 and have it hooked up to an LG OLED 65 C9 TV to take advantage of the GPU's G-Sync and HDR support for this TV.

Last edited:
Nice 👍. I don’t know hardly anything about computers other than how to type on them and how to use them lol. So I try to read all the threads on fixing the computers to learn more. I should know it because my brother in law is a IT guy lol.

Nice 👍. I don’t know hardly anything about computers other than how to type on them and how to use them lol. So I try to read all the threads on fixing the computers to learn more. I should know it because my brother in law is a IT guy lol.

It's like playing grown up Legos but with expensive computer parts lol. I've fixed, modded and fooled around with computers for a long time.
Heck the MaximumPC forums were my beating ground before I exclusively moved to BITOG.

I'd expect an M2.0 with that board, just for the OS if nothing else. They are QUICK!

I'd like to put one in but since this is a leftover parts PC I used whatever SSD I have on hand. I've built PC's with M.2 SSD's since it eliminates running a SATA data and power cable.

What exactly are you doing with this thing? It seems a bit overkill for a HTPC.

Planning to do some gaming. I'll be swapping in my current RTX 2080 once RTX 3000 series card come available. Doom Eternal, FFXV, and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 looks sweet with HDR enabled on an OLED TV.

Back