Bought a PC local. What is it really worth?

Guy said everything works, no issues whatsoever. It seemed like a great deal, so I drove 150 miles round trip to go see it. I was blown away. It was exactly as he said it would be. I will not reveal the price I paid until everyone has a chance to offer some input (a few days, maybe up to 1 week). Basically I'm fishing for raw input to see if I got a great deal or not.

Here's an exact list I created on PCPP:
LINK

The unchanged prices are the current lowest new prices known to PCPP. The edited prices are unavailable new (excluding extravagant scalper prices), so I changed them to the cheapest used price I could find either available or recently sold. Regardless, they are just a guide, and I want real people's opinions.

If you want a rough list without clicking the link, here you go:
Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB ATX Full Tower Case
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Ultra ATX MOBO
i7-10700
Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE AIO Cooler (White)
4x16GB (64GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 CL16
2x1TB (2TB) Samsung 970 Evo Plus
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G3 PSU
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB XC Hybrid GPU
3x Thermaltake 120mm Pure Plus RGB TT Premium Edition Fans
3x Thermaltake Riing 120mm Plus TT Fans
3x Thermaltake Riing 140mm RGB Fans (Extra)
3x Corsair iCUE AF120 RGB Elite Fans (Extra)
1x ROG 140mm 3-pin Fan (Extra, from another case)
Windows 10 Home
Samsung C49RG9 5120x1440 120Hz 1800R Monitor (No issues, surprisingly)

The only thing I can possibly pick on is the case is missing the top dust shield, one expansion slot cover, and four of the screws that hold them in. Nothing major.

Now with all of that out of the way, I'm asking for two prices. One price of what you feel it should be worth in *USED* condition (unbiased opinion), and one price of what you feel you'd *actually* buy it for (biased opinion). Let's see what everyone thinks! Thanks for your time!

You should have asked this before you bought it. I don't see the point you asking after you bought it so second guessing can take place. It's moot.
I could have just lied and said I'm considering it. I understand your point, but it's not moot to me, that's why I took the time and asked. I'm not really asking IF I got a good deal, I'm more or less asking how great the deal was. I don't really know the market on some of these major components, and I may customize the build and sell a few components I'm not fond of, which is another reason I'm asking for an overall value. Maybe someone will break it all down, maybe not. I personally think it is too much to ask for a full breakdown, that's why I just asked for what it's worth overall. Basically, if you were to stumble upon this ad and it says to make an offer, what would the offer be?

Not sure if the people above are trolling or not, but the monitor alone is worth at least $150 used lol. I think it's a solid setup, albeit the processor is a bit older. I think a lot of people in tech suffer from "gotta have the latest generation or it's trash" syndrome. I'd say if you purchased it for less than $650, you're coming out pretty good. You'd have to spend double that or more in the current gen to get the same performance.

Last edited:
As my childhood neighbor, who bought and sold horses, said when I was a kid, "horses are worth exactly what you can get someone to pay for them".

If I were in the market for a PC, I'd gladly give $500 for this setup and use it for ten years.

I paid under $200 on Ebay for a well spec'd year old name brand Dell 8 years ago that's still running great. Looks like op bought some franken compter cobbled together from various parts that may or may not be compatible or work well together. Here are some tests you can run to make sure all is well,

I paid under $200 on Ebay for a well spec'd year old name brand Dell 8 years ago that's still running great. Looks like op bought some franken compter cobbled together from various parts that may or may not be compatible or work well together. Here are some tests you can run to make sure all is well,

I mean, it's a custom PC build. They all have various parts put together. That's how they work.

It's a lot more powerful than my PC that I built in 2019. I'd pay $500 for that and not think twice. It's probably worth at least $1000.

So you didn't buy the the one you asked about here one year ago?

Sometimes you post some crazy stuff.

$800. $5-600 if it was a friend.

If there's a place selling 10th gen Intels and 2080s for $200 let me know 'cause I'll load up both the Tahoe and Suburban 'till they're full.

Used 10700k are going for $200 used up to $280ish new it looks like. A used 2080Ti on ebay looks like about $320 too. Did the 10 series get hit hard with Intel's Meltdown/Spectre patch? I don't remember if it was the 10 series or the 8 series performance that dropped a bit.

His PC will work fine. That's the list of a DIY computer. A comparable spec'd Dell XPS from the factory would be $1500 or higher.

Back