Now Quaker State claims the best wear Protection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can each company claim they are the best without any hard proof? Marketing is an evil thing.

When I was a kid Q-state got a very bad rep. It was bashed in the automotive industry pretty hard for being a sludge maker. My father used to say "I wouldn't use that in my lawnmower". Now as an adult, I'm having a hard time giving Q-state a fair shake. I have read great things about it lately but I still can't bring myself to pour it in my crankcase.

I've used the green bottle dino stuff, the Q-HP stuff, the Q-Trq stuff, and my engine never desintegrated.

Are there "better" products out there? Well that depends upon your point of view. But the QS products work just fine for the environment they were designed for. There are competing products out there with stronger additive packages, and more robust base stocks.

And yet, the perceived "also ran" lesser brands work just fine when "used as directed."

Last edited:
What is interesting is they mention Q Horsepower but show the "Ultimate Durability" (I think this was the old Q Horsepower and was renamed).

You would think if they are going to make the claim they could get things right!

**Of course everyone is on this wear test kick. But a good oil does much more. There is shearing resistance and cleanliness and TBN...etc.

Last edited:
As usual, it says "no other oil is better." Means nothing. Could be no other oil is worse, either, so they are all the same. Marketing bull.

John

I see they still have the $10 off mail in rebate on the site. It clearly states that it ends May 3rd. Maybe I should send them a calendar
21.gif

So which of the "World's Worst Commutes" did you vote for?

I voted for the one titled "Grandma's Spastic Colon"
grin2.gif

I picked the Guy from Newbury Park, Ca that drives 240 miles thru the desert. He said he put on a million miles in 8 years and has 265,000 on his current car. I want some UOA's on his oil!

Originally Posted By: RamAir5
How can each company claim they are the best without any hard proof? Marketing is an evil thing.

When I was a kid Q-state got a very bad rep. It was bashed in the automotive industry pretty hard for being a sludge maker. My father used to say "I wouldn't use that in my lawnmower". Now as an adult, I'm having a hard time giving Q-state a fair shake. I have read great things about it lately but I still can't bring myself to pour it in my crankcase.

Nothing to worry about. My mom has used it in her Kia Spectra for the last 70K KM in traffic and harsh winters, and the engine was spotlessly clean inside and ran very well (Had to replace a valve cover because we accidentally damaged it doing something else).

We have switched her over to Pennzoil YB because the car seems to like it much better, but otherwise the QS stuff is good to go and I would use it again without hesitation!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: ZZman
What is interesting is they mention Q Horsepower but show the "Ultimate Durability" (I think this was the old Q Horsepower and was renamed).

Look more closely at the bottle, it says Q Horsepower in smaller letters right under Ultimate Durability.

So while they are de-emphasizing the marketing term "Q Horsepower", they didn't do away with it entirely.

The power of advertising. No where in that does it say they are best. It only says no other synthetic 5W-30 has better wear protection for that test. Surly everyone knew this was coming after the challenge they put out to Valvoline, Castrol, and Mobil 1. At least they did not make the stupid claim of being xxx time better that someone else.

I am waiting for someone to come out with an oil that not only prevents any kind of wear but also have a high mileage label that leaves behind a deposit of chromoly, vanadium, titanium, and kryptonite. That way, I can go to the junkyard, get a beater, and have a new engine in 10,000 miles.

Last edited:
Dam I just got 30 qts of Torque power, If I mix a new qt in will that put the magic additives in. and convert what Ive purchased? If not I'm sending it all back, and pick up some of the new stuff the new stuff.
mad.gif
33.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FrankN4
I am waiting for someone to come out with an oil that not only prevents any kind of wear but also have a high mileage label that leaves behind a deposit of chromoly, vanadium, titanium, and kryptonite. That way, I can go to the junkyard, get a beater, and have a new engine in 10,000 miles.

crackmeup2.gif
Sounds good... Let me know when it happens! They can call it QS Engine in a bottle! No one beats the power of QS engine rebuilding formula!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Brons2
Look more closely at the bottle, it says Q Horsepower in smaller letters right under Ultimate Durability.

You are right. My eyes are not as good as they used to be.

(But lets get more confusing and give it 2 names!)

Thats it!!! I am changing to QS from PP. QS manufacturer's know what they are doing while PP manufacters just know how to put sludge in a bottle. QS FTW
07.gif
See the yellow bottle lost...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: deven
Thats it!!! I am changing to QS from PP. QS manufacturer's know what they are doing while PP manufacters just know how to put sludge in a bottle. QS FTW
07.gif

They are both made by SOPUS.........

Bottom line is 99.9% or all marketing out there is smoke and mirrors. It might be a little hoakie but it wont prevent me from using the (6) 5qt jugs that I bought for $8 a piece.

Love or hate the ad's QS is still a good oil at a good price.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: deven
07.gif

They are both made by SOPUS.........

That's what they want you to believe
50.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back