November car sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Also depends on financing offers. GM has been selling a lot of cars due to their offers of sub-prime financing.

But what is sub prime? At our recent purchase we were offered as low as 0.9% from credit unions.

I haven't seen any free deals from GM lately, but i wasn't shopping them either.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
No surprise. Ram's are selling well because of their price point, and a lot of truck buyers are waiting for the new F150 which you still really can't get.

Almost 15k difference between my loaded Sport and the new F150. I didn't see the value at all for such a HUGE increase in price. Plus I was able to get one with everything MINUS the stupid lane departure and collision avoidance garbage!

Originally Posted By: SF0059
I looked at new CRVs prior to buying my RAV4... They are decent vehicles, but not for me. They have a CVT and a severely dated AWD system.

I have no idea where someone got the idea they are as big as a 4Runner, that is just bogus. Also, I'm really happy with the Canadian build quality. It is hands down better than our USA built Odyssey. I really wouldn't know it wasn't assembled in Japan if it wasn't on the door sticker.

IMO, the RAV4 deserves more sales than it is getting compared to the CRV.

I have been pleased with union USA labor as well as Canadian on all my domestics (except for a Ford Ranger a long time ago). Silverado (Fort Wayne, IN and Challenger in Brampton, ON). I had one issue with the Silverado and that was a loose connection for the stock basic radio (replaced myself with ebay OEM AM/FM/CD with the aux port). I think quality is getting better across the line for most manufacturers. BTW a neighbor of mine bought an Accord in 2003 and he wasn't happy with the build quality on it too.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
No surprise. Ram's are selling well because of their price point, and a lot of truck buyers are waiting for the new F150 which you still really can't get.

Almost 15k difference between my loaded Sport and the new F150. I didn't see the value at all for such a HUGE increase in price. Plus I was able to get one with everything MINUS the stupid lane departure and collision avoidance garbage!

I went to Ford's site and built my own regular cab 2WD basic truck with a few options and it was over 30K. I sure hope they have some incentives, because there is no way I would pay that when I can get a Ram Express for around 23K.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I miss the point on venzas. I changed tires on one and could only fit two of its monsterous 19" -ers in the way-back and the other two had to ride in the back seat. They wouldn't fit in plastic tire bags and I was worried they'd mark up the light tan leather.

What good is a SUV that barely hauls its own parts?

That, the BMW X4 and the Honda Crosstour ... don't understand them.

Except the Venza and X4 are decent looking. The Crosstour is just awful looking.

For $32k-$35k I can buy a Big Horn/Laramie with leather and no GM or Ford is within $5k-$10k of that.

Did you get leather in yours? I found the stock SLT's cloth seats to be pretty cheap. I suspect they will rip within 5 years. All of the new trucks seem to have junk cloth.

Last edited:

For $32k-$35k I can buy a Big Horn/Laramie with leather and no GM or Ford is within $5k-$10k of that.

Did you get leather in yours? I found the stock SLT's cloth seats to be pretty cheap. I suspect they will rip within 5 years. All of the new trucks seem to have junk cloth.

To an old dog like me this truck is loaded. Leather all over with ventilated/heated seats and wheel. Beautiful white stitching on black, looks very expensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back