Not a random photo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 97669
It was a great weekend. Dropped a plank on my foot. Fortunately nothing broken.
Not too shabby. I mangled my right foot by accidentally sticking it into a box jelly while surfing in the Philippines a few years back. I can't say I want to repeat the experience. This is how my foot looked after one week of getting stung. Most of the damaged skin had already sloughed off but there were still some neat weeping wounds and some skin that was yet to fall off. My big toe had been mangled in another mishap years earlier. Let's drink to our feet - a vague Jaws reference.

Tell me they’re not similar 🤔
F440BCF5-5EA0-4148-9315-0FA391256D18.jpeg

E5ACD6FE-84CD-456E-B9EE-D158CDB935D8.jpeg

Not too shabby. I mangled my right foot by accidentally sticking it into a box jelly while surfing in the Philippines a few years back. I can't say I want to repeat the experience. This is how my foot looked after one week of getting stung. Most of the damaged skin had already sloughed off but there were still some neat weeping wounds and some skin that was yet to fall off. My big toe had been mangled in another mishap years earlier. Let's drink to our feet - a vague Jaws reference.

to both of you; I was simply at home one night a year ago, and I simply stood up from the sofa as I laid my foot onto the rug I could hear a weird snap; out of nowhere, the foot blossom into this

IMG_5485.jpeg

I had two In-N-Out cheeseburgers.

This is the Gleason Beach Realignment project north of Bodega Bay. Due to massive erosion along this beautiful stretch of coast HWY 1 is going to be rerouted. The project will be finished next year, they claim.

I spent some time on Schoolhouse Beach in the same area.

I took State Route 116 back to 101.

On the way home I stopped for a bear claw which was heavily discounted after 16:00.

While there's foot injury pics...

I'll spare bare foot pics, but this was me last summer just south of Long Beach after I got stung by a stingray in the top of my right foot. Luckily it was a puncture and didn't tear the skin. It isn't the puncture that hurts. It's their venom. Horrible horrible pain for about 3 hours, the only relief is hot water. Just sore for 3-4 days after. Luckily the lifeguards have hot water bags.

Was alone and had to ask some people to help me carry my things to my car. Had to drive with that foot back to my AirBnb, was almost impossible.

5795B25A-390B-4219-AD05-9BC7BC88B8E0.jpeg

I had two In-N-Out cheeseburgers.

This is the Gleason Beach Realignment project north of Bodega Bay. Due to massive erosion along this beautiful stretch of coast HWY 1 is going to be rerouted. The project will be finished next year, they claim.

I spent some time on Schoolhouse Beach in the same area.

I took State Route 116 back to 101.

On the way home I stopped for a bear claw which was heavily discounted after 16:00.
In/Out burgers!...god, I miss those...where are the fries???

This picture is also from yesterday. This church was built in 1867 and is located in the tiny town of Nicasio in Marin. This is the original building. The still green hills in the background will soon enough turn a golden brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back