Not a random photo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbb.jpg

This is a bridge over Rt 4 in Farmington CT, aka "The Big Bird Bridge" I am almost 60 and I recall it saying "Big Bird" when i was in my tweens.

It is so baked into the local folklore that when the HS decided to retire its questionable mascot, a suggestion came in to rebadge the teams "The Big Bird Bridgers"

As to keep on topic, i can imagine the reflection of this bridge in a sphere of labradorite might make it look more presentable.

OT: I'm an orthoclaise guy myself.

Tectosilicates are undeservedly underrated. People take them for granite.
Gneiss comment. You have a marbleous command of the English language.

What is exactly the difference; i was taught granite had horblende and micas in it.

Some serious magma intrusions in my area; pegmatites i believe they are called; i remember collecting mica 3/4" thick

Gneiss comment. You have a marbleous command of the English language.

What is exactly the difference; i was taught granite had horblende and micas in it.

Some serious magma intrusions in my area; pegmatites i believe they are called; i remember collecting mica 3/4" thick
You've outdone yourself. Among metamorphic rocks gneiss is the schist because it's foliated. I don't know much about minerals, just what I've picked up here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back