North Caroline cat 4 Irene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people actually sit there and watch CNN or Fox's coverage of hurricanes? The media hoopla is a joke. They cover every hurricane like it's the first one in history.

I always go to weather blogs and follow the accuweather guys. I also read the forecast discussion on noaa.gov. I agree, it's nauseating watching CNN/Fox news coverage of a storm.

Jim Cantore with TWC in NYC claims that even though it's just a cat one, if you're up higher in a building you can "add a cat", or if you're in the wind funnel between buildings, that will "add a cat" too. And he wishes, will it please rain already? It's humid outside!

And what's with the Simon Cowell-esque tight t-shirt?

BTW they have an exclusive F-you-up index:

map_specnews15_ltst_4namus_enus_600x338.jpg

you guys up in the northeast, if you get hit by the hurricaine. Don't forget to post hurricane damage pics if you still have internet. I guess I'll find out by Monday morning
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Jim Cantore with TWC in NYC claims that even though it's just a cat one, if you're up higher in a building you can "add a cat", or if you're in the wind funnel between buildings, that will "add a cat" too. And he wishes, will it please rain already? It's humid outside!

Your map is missing blue and green colors for the perfect rainbow!

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Do people actually sit there and watch CNN or Fox's coverage of hurricanes? The media hoopla is a joke. They cover every hurricane like it's the first one in history.

I will watch it to see if the weather man gets knocked down by heavy rains/wind. It amps up the watch ability from my couch and good entertainment.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

Your map is missing blue and green colors for the perfect rainbow!

Then we could call it Hurricane "Faaaaaaabulous"

that streaker was awesome.

75% of Richmond has no power. Tons of trees down. 50+ MPH winds for hours and over 8 inches of rain. Good luck to everyone in the path, Irene is a big girl. Philly, get ready for millions of downed trees. In 03 Richmond had a very wet summer and then got hit with 60 mph winds and literally tens of thousands of homes were damaged by uprooted trees. Just stay inside (lower level if possible) and you should be fine.

Weak. We've had stronger nor'easters than this. Jim Cantore said their track forecasting was spot on (it was) but that they still lack good intensity forecasting.

Originally Posted By: buster
Weak. We've had stronger nor'easters than this. Jim Cantore said their track forecasting was spot on (it was) but that they still lack good intensity forecasting.

Yeah, the weather/news people lost credibility with this. Of course, there would have had to be dead bodies in the street to match the level of hysteria that the media was trying to build.

I'm thankful they were wrong.

They're wondering if stocks will be trading Monday, because, oh noes, some skyscrapers in lower Manhattan are flooded around their bases.

Seriously?

I say open the markets and if these idiots decided to build world HQ two feet above sea level on fill, and can't get to work and lose out on a little profit or avoided loss, it's their fault.

Am I off base?

Agreed. The government spent more money preparing tnan damage resulting from the storm.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

Hopefully Al Roker gets blown out to sea.

Unfortunately, didn't happen.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX

Yeah, the weather/news people lost credibility with this. Of course, there would have had to be dead bodies in the street to match the level of hysteria that the media was trying to build.

I'm thankful they were wrong.

Groucho lives! The news media brainwashed me thinking you guys in the northeast were goners! mandatory evacuation!
lol.gif

They're wondering if stocks will be trading Monday, because, oh noes, some skyscrapers in lower Manhattan are flooded around their bases.

Seriously?

I say open the markets and if these idiots decided to build world HQ two feet above sea level on fill, and can't get to work and lose out on a little profit or avoided loss, it's their fault.

Am I off base?

A lot on NY's mass transit will not be running by monday morning.

Lost power at work so I stuck my head outside while the generator was warming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back