Question for the Engineers(Torsional Calculations)

Checking this out of a project I'm trying to put together...for some full context this is a rail to mount a macro photography set up to a tripod. I'm trying to make the configuration flexible, but am trying to give a conceivable most extreme example. I apologize also for using mixed imperial and metric measurements. I did take statics in college as part of a physics minor, but this dumb chemist is super rusty on this kind of stuff.

I'm looking at using aluminum box section, 3/4" on each side and 1.3mm thick. Let's say for purposes of this it's 12", although I'd do longer if it could support it or shorter if needed for stiffness. Bolted to the center of it, for attachment to the tripod, would be a pre-made mounting plate 120mm long. I'd attach it by 3 bolts(1/4-20 stainless steel, which is what I'm planning to use for all hardware since that is the standard tripod thread size and makes things easier) running all the way through the box section.

Mounted on each end of the box section would be a set of macro bellows. Each would be mounted by a single 1/4-20 screw going all the way through the box section.

The rear mounting point would be holding about 4lbs, the front one about 2lbs.

For purposes of this, let's assume it's level, although I would in use likely tilt it forward to some pretty extreme angles(say 75º or so)

Any thoughts on this? BTW, I'm not married to the 3/4" aluminum. I prefer aluminum for weight reasons, and 3/4" seems the easiest one for me to get, but if I need to go to say 1" or larger within reason, or stay with size and use thicker material I can do it-tracking down the proper material is definitely preferable to killing some expensive camera gear!

Also, if I build this to be as flexible as possible, am I substantially weakening it by putting additional/extra holes(1/4" for the 1/4-20 screws) through the box section?

If it's any help to visualize what I'm trying to do-here's the set-up more or less.

I'm primarily trying to design something that will support both sets of bellows(well technically there are 3 here, but the front and back ones are the heavier ones that need more support) from more or less the center of the set-up. This was really rickety and needless to say put a lot of stress on some of the mounts here.

IMG_0296.jpeg

Back