No Stop/Start on 2021 GM SUVs and Pickups

Okay I wasn’t sure which vehicle we were talking about. Some disable the SS system when a trailer harness is plugged in.

My lone experience with then FCA SS was a Pacifica and it was super quick to shut off. Parallel parking usually shut the engine off a couple of times.

A full hybrid vehicle, and a ram with a designed hybrid system and less than 10000miles
isnt proof.

Whats next you arguing every manufacturer's implementation of MDS is not causing any issues?

Let's just say the problems are not any where near what they appear on the Internet. I drove a loaner 2021 Chevrolet Silverado with the Dynamic Skip motor. It can run on little as one cylinder. Had start/stop too. The vehicle had 600 miles on it. I drove it about 50 miles. I can tell you first hand that both stop/start and MDS were utterly seamless. And if you visit the truck boards THERE ARE PLENTY of high miles AFM motors.

So yea.

GM is cheap, $50??

VW gave us $150 VW gift card when they disabled the LED sub roof perimeter light because of fire issue recall. Then they actually fixed the lights .

The stop/start system on my VW Atlas 2.0T is phenomenal. It’s almost unnoticeable.

That is not the case on my previous 2.7T, 5.0, and 3.5T F-150 work trucks. Even my BIL’s 2.3 Ranger is quite noticeable.

No Stop/Start on 2021 GM SUVs and Pickups​

grumpy_cat_good_01.jpg

It ever there was a feature that should be disabled on a car, it was that thing on some GM 6 speed transmissions that forced you to go from 1st gear to 4th. Now THAT was annoying, AND dangerous, AND and no option to turn off like the stop/start.

Article from different news source says GM sh*tcanning it due to chip shortage.
Article from different news source says GM sh*tcanning it due to chip shortage.
From my understanding (and what C&D doesn't mention) is start/stop will return when the "chip thing" returns to normal.

That's good news. My mother has a 2018 Malibu with the start/stop feature and I absolutely hate it.

Smart move, I hope others follow their lead. With any luck when the semi chip shortage is over they'll keep building them without stop/start.

Back