No solicitation? Philly cop commits a crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hatt
I read it. Nowhere did it say what you think the penalty should be. Which is the question. Maybe a fine and his licence revoked?

Again.....

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

Whatever the penalty is, I would imagine he is going to be fired.

My thought on the matter is that he "should" be fired.
Now instead of posting your outrage on an oil forum why not contact your city councilmen and start looking at changing city laws?
......I didn't think so.
whistle.gif

Why didn't you just say that off the bat. BTW. "I would imagine" and "he should" aren't close to saying the same thing.

Originally Posted By: InfmousCornholio
I been thinking about getting a GoPro, or some kind of in-car recording device.. Can you tell me why the recording or posting of an encounter with law enforcement would be a problem?

Everything I have seen on Youtube says that's fine, unless the cop has a problem with it, in which case things tend to escalate rather quickly and I'd be asking for badge numbers, etc. beaten, tazered, and possibly executed on the spot for committing an unspecified felony that made the officer fear for his life

Fixed it for you.

Originally Posted By: hatt
So you're not capable of forming an opinion? That's weird because you were all for coming up with penalties for the motorist for a relatively minor offence. Without knowing the laws I'm sure. But for public employees shaking down citizens, which most would consider a very serious offence, you just have no idea?

Geez, that turned ugly quickly.

To be fair to GiveMeAVowel, the Police Commissioner Ramsey said:
Quote:

"He used the tickets as a lever to not do his duty; that's extortion," Ramsey said of Zagursky. "Whether or not it's criminal is a decision above my paygrade."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/201508...YoYkHUfDz1Ca.99

So it's a bit of a gotcha question to demand a Judge Dredd type instant trial and sentencing from GiveMeAVowel, when the actual Police Commisioner himself isn't going do it.
No matter what he says, you'll just tear apart for either being too lenient or too quick to judge.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng

So it's a bit of a gotcha question to demand a Judge Dredd type instant trial and sentencing from GiveMeAVowel, when the actual Police Commisioner himself isn't going do it.
No matter what he says, you'll just tear apart for either being too lenient or too quick to judge.

Exactly. If I was Emperor, I would fire public servants like that if there was some kind of proof, that video is the perfect proof. In my kingdom he would be fired. Of course again that video would also result in the motorist having an unregistered car impounded, heavily fined, and his license revoked for quite some time as well. I'd be a very fair and just Emperor, and I can promise you that those seeking favoritism would be OUT of luck, only a just society and NO
corruption and a society of laws.

There are cameras everywhere these days and its not so easy being a police officer.. I have many friends and family members that are cops so i have an inside view and i will tell you most cops are great people and the ones that are no good their brothers and sisters in blue know who they are and they too are cautious of them even if it does not show. Check your local laws in reference to recording here in NJ its ok. Record secretly and if you need it down the road it will be there.

First thing that should be said if pulled over: "This interaction is being recorded and saved off-site in real time."

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
First thing that should be said if pulled over: "This interaction is being recorded and saved off-site in real time." Officer, it is my duty to inform you that I am in possession of a loaded firearm locked in my glove compartment.

Or:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back