Justice for black kid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: javacontour
Then why should the police try to solve crimes in your neighborhood? Someone steals your car. Everyone has amnesia.

Someone shot up the neighbor's house, everyone has amnesia.

If the neighborhood don't care enough to be part of the solution cleaning up things, why would any rational person think the police are going to care?

That's the difference between you and me. I think it is the job of the community to be part of the solution, not passing the buck to someone else saying it's their job, not mine.

Because no one will care more than those most local to the problem. You cannot expect others to care more. Therefore, if the neighborhood doesn't care, the police will take their cue and follow suit.

You are wasting your time. Qwerty can not relate to this. He has been conditioned by his F'ed up environment..which he is perpetuating.

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Folks forget the police have a better than 99% successful interaction with the citizenry.

Really? In my neighborhood, the majority of the citizens hate the police. Even the law abiding folks do not care for the police. They tried to introduce a CAPS program that had citizens & police working together. It didn't work out at all because of the "us verses them" mentality.
Speak for yourself and sober up first.

Originally Posted By: pbm
The OP stated:
"A 14 years old kid went to jail for 9 years for a crime he didn't commit, mainly because of a cop committed perjury."

IMO,
If a cop/prosecutor uses trickery (including illegal stuff) to INTENTIONALLY get a conviction of an INNOCENT person...I say throw the book at them.

If a cop/prosecutor uses trickery (not illegal stuff) to convict a person that they believe to be GUILTY....I have little problem with it.

As far as the 'race' question....it seems that when the victim is black the media use race but when the victim is white (and the perpetrator is black) the media play down race.

According to the DOJ..a white American is 6 times more likely to be the victim of violent crime committed by a black than the other way around. This is even more startling when you take into account that blacks are approx. 13 % of the population with males being less than half of that.

PS: I don't know anything about the case or the kid in question but the OP seems to know that he is innocent??

He was interrogated by Detroit police for 2 days, the main evidence was fabricated by Detroit police detective. Only when State Police re-investigated the case last year the Detroit police detective changed his testimony. The 14 years old kid couldn't handle the 2 days interrogating plus his lawyer wanted him to confess so he can do other cases.

As I said, a person is innocent until proven guilty under the court of law. He was released today after 9 years in jail. All charges against him are dropped, so he wasn't convicted of killing 4 drug dealers and this means he is innocent.

Do a search for "Davontae Sanford" you will find plenty of writing about him and his case.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Folks forget the police have a better than 99% successful interaction with the citizenry.

Really? In my neighborhood, the majority of the citizens hate the police. Even the law abiding folks do not care for the police. They tried to introduce a CAPS program that had citizens & police working together. It didn't work out at all because of the "us verses them" mentality.
Speak for yourself and sober up first.

Very low, even based on how I think of your world outlook.

Dish, I could get killed for tattling on the local dealers. Truth be told, I know one of them and except for selling narcotics hes a very nice young man. Not sure if it matter but heroin is overtaking crack for the #1 seller.

Steven A Smith is even talking about it on ESPN saying how the residents of west and south Chicago are asking for the National Guard to step in. Things must be very bad there. He went on to point out the uproar over the Gorilla being shot yet all the violence, shootings, homicides in that area aren't being addressed as they should. The President is from that area, his former chief of staff is mayor so you would think something could be done with those connections is also what Mr. Smith mentioned.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The OP stated:
"A 14 years old kid went to jail for 9 years for a crime he didn't commit, mainly because of a cop committed perjury."

IMO,
If a cop/prosecutor uses trickery (including illegal stuff) to INTENTIONALLY get a conviction of an INNOCENT person...I say throw the book at them.

If a cop/prosecutor uses trickery (not illegal stuff) to convict a person that they believe to be GUILTY....I have little problem with it.

As far as the 'race' question....it seems that when the victim is black the media use race but when the victim is white (and the perpetrator is black) the media play down race.

According to the DOJ..a white American is 6 times more likely to be the victim of violent crime committed by a black than the other way around. This is even more startling when you take into account that blacks are approx. 13 % of the population with males being less than half of that.

PS: I don't know anything about the case or the kid in question but the OP seems to know that he is innocent??

He was interrogated by Detroit police for 2 days, the main evidence was fabricated by Detroit police detective. Only when State Police re-investigated the case last year the Detroit police detective changed his testimony. The 14 years old kid couldn't handle the 2 days interrogating plus his lawyer wanted him to confess so he can do other cases.

As I said, a person is innocent until proven guilty under the court of law. He was released today after 9 years in jail. All charges against him are dropped, so he wasn't convicted of killing 4 drug dealers and this means he is innocent.

Do a search for "Davontae Sanford" you will find plenty of writing about him and his case.

As I stated, I know nothing about this case.

Was PO Wilson of Ferguson, Missouri fame "innocent until proven guilty"? The man lost his job despite having been found NOT GUILTY due to testimony from black witnesses.

If I was Wilson I'd sue for MILLIONS....

PS: I notice nobody has commented on the violent crime stats from the DOJ???

As I stated, I know nothing about this case.

Was PO Wilson of Ferguson, Missouri fame "innocent until proven guilty"? The man lost his job despite having been found NOT GUILTY due to testimony from black witnesses.

If I was Wilson I'd sue for MILLIONS....

PS: I notice nobody has commented on the violent crime stats from the DOJ???

Sure, I would too. Police Officer Wilson didn't do any wrong, he shouldn't be fired he should get his job back after some time off with/without pay.

I am always give benefit of the doubt to everyone, they are all innocent until proven guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back