The life you save

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Addison was charged with capital murder in connection with the shooting of Officer Michael Briggs on Oct. 16, 2006. Investigators said the path to Briggs' shooting began days earlier with a string of violent crimes.

Police said that in the fall of 2006, Addison and Antoine Bell-Rogers were living a transient life, moving from one apartment to another, staying with friends and girlfriends.

On Oct. 10, 2006, shots were fired during a robbery at the El Mexicano Restaurant in Manchester. The next day, police said, the two held up a 7-Eleven in Hudson. On Oct. 15, 2006, shots were fired at an apartment building on Edward J. Roy Drive.

The next day, Briggs was responding to a domestic disturbance call on Lake Avenue with his partner, Officer John Breckenridge.

While passing Litchfield Lane, the officers spotted two men and ordered them to stop. Prosecutors said that as Briggs approached the two, Addison pulled a gun and fired a single shot into Briggs' head.

Bell-Rogers was arrested at the scene. Addison fled but was arrested hours later in Dorchester, Mass. Briggs died the following day.

"New Hampshire law allows the attorney general to pursue capital murder charges in circumstances such as this," said Attorney General Kelly Ayotte.

Briggs was the first Manchester police officer killed in the line of duty since 1976. His death sparked an outpouring of support from the community and law enforcement.

Addison now faces the possibility of being the first man executed in New Hampshire since the 1930s.

Defense attorneys said that Addison had no intention of killing a police officer, and his actions amount to the lesser crime of second-degree murder.

In an odd twist, it was discovered that the suspect was the same man who's life Officer Briggs had saved in 2003 following a shooting.

The trial is expected to last up to two months.

unfortunately life sucks, and it is unethical to administer the appropriate punishment. which might be render to Egypt.
for Bernanke, an appropriate punishment would be: like in old USSR, admit to psych facility, put on i.v. heroin, in higher doses over 4 weeks. extract all teeth, beat very badly, dump a few pails of vomit and feces on them, drive out to notorious drug district, and dump them there in the middle of the night, dressed only in ragged jeans and filthy torn sweat shirt. then, and only then would they discover the enormity of their crime. instead they get put up in posh "correctional facility", keep all their money, get three square meals a day, fully equipped gym, recreational facilities, basically everything covered, for life.
At YOUR expense. We basically think sharia law is so bad, but in some ways it would satisfy our need for true justice.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Addison now faces the possibility of being the first man executed in New Hampshire since the 1930s.

So, no one has been killed (i.e. murdered in cold blood) in NH in 70+ years? Oh wait, nevermind, police officers lives are more important than others & require greater "justice" to be served. Continue on.

Originally Posted By: Captain_Klink
unfortunately life sucks, and it is unethical to administer the appropriate punishment. which might be render to Egypt.
for Bernanke, an appropriate punishment would be: like in old USSR, admit to psych facility, put on i.v. heroin, in higher doses over 4 weeks. extract all teeth, beat very badly, dump a few pails of vomit and feces on them, drive out to notorious drug district, and dump them there in the middle of the night, dressed only in ragged jeans and filthy torn sweat shirt. then, and only then would they discover the enormity of their crime. instead they get put up in posh "correctional facility", keep all their money, get three square meals a day, fully equipped gym, recreational facilities, basically everything covered, for life.
At YOUR expense. We basically think sharia law is so bad, but in some ways it would satisfy our need for true justice.

What is this insane rant doing here? I think it should have stayed in Afghanistan.

On Oct. 15, 2006, shots were fired at an apartment building on Edward J. Roy Drive.

The next day, Briggs was responding to a domestic disturbance call...

So how long ago was Officer Briggs killed? The timeline in the story makes it seem like it was in 2006. If so, what was the outcome of the trial? Or did I just miss something here?

I wonder if Briggs' partner had the last name Murtoch*?

*(from Lethal Weapon)
Very suspicious.

Originally Posted By: levi
On Oct. 15, 2006, shots were fired at an apartment building on Edward J. Roy Drive.

So how long ago was Officer Briggs killed? The timeline in the story makes it seem like it was in 2006. If so, what was the outcome of the trial? Or did I just miss something here?

It appears that it's in the appeals process as of Aug of 2008.
http://www.courts.state.nh.us/caseinfo/p...yStatements.pdf

Originally Posted By: benjamming
Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX

So, no one has been killed (i.e. murdered in cold blood) in NH in 70+ years? Oh wait, nevermind, police officers lives are more important than others & require greater "justice" to be served. Continue on.

How do you feel about 'hate' crime laws that make some groups "more important" than others?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: levi

It appears that it's in the appeals process as of Aug of 2008.
http://www.courts.state.nh.us/caseinfo/p...yStatements.pdf

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back