Off Duty Police Officer fatally shoots burglar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Rand
IMO if this happened to everyone who did home invasion and stole cars it would be such a deterrent that the crime rate would plummet.

Can't help but think all criminals would be much more careful if those carrying would shoot more often.

Yep they would be more careful and quicker to shoot also. It can work both ways you know. Like the gun rights people like to say gun laws don't stop a criminal and it doesn't so don't think for a minute that packing is going to stop very many criminals from continuing on.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
Originally Posted By: dave1251
shoot to kill.

01.gif

+1

Originally Posted By: 65cuda

Can't help but think all criminals would be much more careful if those carrying would shoot more often.

Yep they would be more careful and quicker to shoot also. It can work both ways you know. Like the gun rights people like to say gun laws don't stop a criminal and it doesn't so don't think for a minute that packing is going to stop very many criminals from continuing on. [/quote]

Most typical burglars do NOT want a confrontation, especially with an armed occupant. Most of the time these low life thieves enter a dwelling when they are certain that the owners or residents are not home. If most people were to pack heat the number of these thefts WOULD drop dramatically.

As far as at night, if the noise doesn't belong to someone that is supposed to be in my home, that invader is going to be killed.

Typical is one thing, but that doesn't mean that the typical won't be more inclined to be prepared to shoot instead of just using a weapon for intimidation. Most criminals are going to still be criminals anyway. They might be more careful and make sure no one is home, but it doesn't mean that they won't be more prepared. I agree though if someone tries to enter my home they will be facing a shotgun.

Good for that Cop!! As far as I'm concerned if someone enters my house forcefully or with out my permission they have forfeited the right to live.

Edit: I don't care if I have put multiple shots in the back. How do I know they will not turn around armed.

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't care if I have put multiple shots in the back. How do I know they will not turn around armed

It was dark in here, i asked who are you and what do you want and got no reply so i shot at a silhouette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back