No Penzoil Ultra Platium at Wally

Very frustrated that they don’t carry this. They have Platium but not Ultra Platium.

M1 EP is $2 more than regular FS but rated for 20k instead of 10k miles. Does anyone use EP and have OCI at 15k and beyond?

Last edited:
PUP 5W-30 has been in the Civic since we purchased new in late 2008 when it was known as Pennzoil Ultra, have not seen it on shelves in years.

I get it online at Wally or Amazon a few jugs at a time to keep in the stash and align it with sales or SOPUS rebates .

They carry it at NAPA too . Was on sale last month . Outrageous price the last I looked . Hopefully it'll be cheaper when rebate from Pennzoil is offered .

Last time I ordered it off Amazon for about $23/5qt jug. I had to order 3, which gave me free shipping anyway since I'm not a Prime member. Even though it came from the "Pennzoil Store" since it was sold from Amazon it was not eligible for the rebate I applied for. It was still a good price.

A.A.P. has P.U.P. under $42 for 5 quart jug . So , $8.40 per quart , not so bad . It's $43.99 with oil filter . It's $43.99 with oil filter and there's a choice from 2 brands .

Last edited:
AutoZone has M1 EP on sale for $43 while Wally has it at regular price of $30. I didn’t see Ultra at AZ either. I need to hit AAP tonight as I haven’t been in for 5 years. I had been spoiled by Kirkland FS 0W20 for $10.25 per jug and grabbed 4 2-jug packs about 5+ years so. I still have a full pack of 0W20 and a full pack of 5W30 and a few M1 single quarts bought before Kirkland brands.

Has P.U.P. been Dexos approved yet. :unsure:
It is Project Farm approved.

I like all except his bearing wear test, which I am not sure if it implies all engines wear out while using the oils and some oil jist protect better. If that is the case, I don’t know how much engine parts are left if such as short run cause that much wears. But his flow, boiling, and oil analyses are good.

What does Dexos do? Is Amsoil even rated? Flow tests and addictive packages are important to me.

Just received a delivery from Amazon of a 3 pack of 5 quart jugs of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum at $26 per jug. Screw Wally
Just pick up 2 packs of Kirkland 0W20 for $31 plus taxes. I am spoiled by Costco. If I have mor confidence in oil shelf life, I would buy 5 packs and that would be good for 100k miles.

It is Project Farm approved.

I like all except his bearing wear test, which I am not sure if it implies all engines wear out while using the oils and some oil jist protect better. If that is the case, I don’t know how much engine parts are left if such as short run cause that much wears. But his flow, boiling, and oil analyses are good.

What does Dexos do? Is Amsoil even rated? Flow tests and addictive packages are important to me.

Has P.U.P. been Dexos approved yet. :unsure:

It's stated at their website , not on the bottles as of yet . The pictures below are from the website link .

IMG_2947.JPG
IMG_2946.JPG

Last edited:
This info is available at the site .

From site provided .

IMG_2949.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

ULTRA ( S.P. ) also formulated to prevent damage to CATALYTIC converter by lowering ZINC + PHOSPHORUS .

IMG_2468.JPG

ULTRA ( S.P. ) CALCIUM lowered to prevent L.S.P.I..

IMG_2490.JPG

Check this site or others for ULTRA S.P. V.O.A.s and U.O.A.s .

Last edited:
Back